Buying and selling of stock options

I usually trade in indices, but now I am planing to start trading in stock options. so zerodha does not allow buying and selling of stock options at the market price. so I have to place order by looking at the market depth.

but what about exit ? for ex in nifty I can just click on exit and my position will be squared off.
how to exit your positions in stock options?
can some one please give me detailed explanation

1 Like

Same way, place a limit order, if you want to sell at market kinds then place limit at a bit higher lower than bid and higher than offer if you are buying.

can you please explain in simple words…sir apka answer full bouncer chala gaya. i an new to this trading thing

You can refer to this support article, explaining how you can use Limit orders like a market order:

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
I will do one option spread and then hopefully I will understand it completely

In that case you should not trade options and that too stock options, maybe give a read through varsity options module and start with eq, get well versed with trading platform and then start slowly and gradually increase value, make sure you have a trading plan before starting trading. Check this.

No hurries, markets will give lots of opportunities, options are very, very risky.

4 Likes

Since you are new to trading, you should not trade in options. Many intermediate traders who have been in the market for quite a long time also are very careful when it comes to this category. Don’t end up losing all your money just to gain a little benefit.