Buying and Selling on the same Day with CNC mode

Hi,
Basically, I am trying to understand what options we have for Intraday Trading in Equity.

1. The First one that I am aware is the MIS mode where in you can do Sell or Buy Transaction initially and the Square it off before 3:20 PM. If we do not square it off, system forcefully does it at the end of day resulting into the profit or loss for that day. Please confirm though.

2. Now, Let’s say, We buy in the CNC mode in the morning and later in the day we make a sell transaction in the CNC mode. Does this automatically qualify for the Intraday OR No?

Thanks,
Milind

Hello @milindpatel01

1. Yes, MIS stands for Margin Intraday Square-off indicating that a margin is provided only for Intraday trading and the position has to be squared off before 3.20pm(Intraday Cut-off time). All open positions left open at 3.20pm will be squared off by our Admin terminal.

2. If you buy in CNC in the morning and then sell this CNC position before 3.30pm, it will still be considered as an intraday trade as the position is closed within the same day.
    Do note,
    You will not receive margins on a CNC trade and you can first buy and then sell only in CNC for intraday purposes(you cannot sell first because this option is enabled only when the holding is already present in your account).

1 Like

Thanks! Mate.

I am assuming that CNC Intradays will not incur any Brokerage vs that of MIS.

Thanks,
Milind

Brokerage/Taxation will be same for MIS or selling CNC in same day.

1 Like

@milindpatel01

All intraday trades incur a brokerage charge. It is only at 3.30pm that open CNC trades are finalized for delivery. These trades will be brokerage free.

@Som_E

Yes, brokerage and taxation will be as per the equity intraday charge list for all intraday equity trades. A screenshot of the charges in comparison to equity delivery trades is posted below.

1 Like

Hi all,
If i buy a stock using CNC as delivery on Day 1 and sell the same day then will it be treated as Intraday and intraday charges will apply or it will be treated as delivery and delivery charges will apply.

Intraday charges are applied

With my broker i do not have to specify anything while placing the order and if i do not square off by eod it automatically results in delivery trade with delivery brokerage and if squared off same day intraday brokerage.it applies to all shares except shares in T and Z group where you just can not square off but delivery is compulsory. there is no auto square off system.

I think you are talking about SK, i have demat there also.

Yes this is very irritating thing about Zerodha, why they ask us to choose MIS or CNC?

If I didnt sell its CNC, its as simple as that.

1 Like

buy or sell both ways…you can sell first and buyer later to square off or vice-versa .

I have doubt on following scenorio and how it will be taken from zerodha brokerage side.

For Example : I have bought 1000 Adani ports share in CNC and it is came to my demat account after T+2 days. After it reached my demat, I am taking sell position of Adani share of 500 in CNC mode.

Now I have two options.

1. Closing the position by same day by purchasing 500 shares in CNC. Will this be safe play to get the quick profit ? and is this consider as intraday trade ?
  2. Leave as it is then my shares will be deducted from demat account.

I am new to this share market. Kindly pardon me if this question is very basic level.

@visasimbu (1) sell and purchase same day shall be consider as intraday trade and intraday brokerage will apply for Adani port and if it is in profit you will get credit of funds and in case of loss you have to pay to broker.(2) if you only do sell transaction the shares will be deducted from your demat and you will incur demat charges plus delivery brokerage .funds will be credited to your bank as per t plus 2.

Thanks @sabkaview

What if we buy cnc (delivery order ) sell it the same day ?
any charges ?
CAN WE SELL IT SAME DAY ?

Yes you can.CNC is just a product code. If you use CNC to buy and sell a share on the same day, it will still be considered as an intraday trade. Intraday charges will be applicable for the trade.

1 Like

If CNC buy/sell on the same day is considered as Intraday how long would be the process of cash withdrawal ? On the same day or still after T+ 2 ?

Your capital on the same day, if you’ve made profits, the profits can be withdrawn only on T+2.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Just one more thing. Is it on T+2 or after T+2 which is 3 days after T Day ?

Assume you had 10,000 in your trading account on Monday. You bought and sold in CNC and made a profit of 1500. You will be able to withdraw 10,000 on Monday itself and the 1500 profit you made on Wednesday. Once you place a withdrawal request and after it gets processed, the money will hit your bank account within 24 hours.

1 Like