Calendar Spread contracts on Kite

Hi,

I want to rollover my positions from near to mid contract but don’t see these calendar spread contracts available on Kite. Is there something I am missing or Is this expected?

There are many issues with multi leg trades. For example I can’t rollover positions in ban scrips currently and given the fact that you don’t want to allow even intraday position buildup on ban scrips in the platform, atleast giving spread trading option to rollover positions is necessary. With physical delivery also taking full effect this would be an invaluable feature.

Thanks,
Revanth

1 Like

One can place orders separately, I mean place two different orders. Close this month contract and open next month. Even with spread the same will happen.
For Ban scrips, agree with you, the roll over is not smooth, one need to call us to do this. Will check with our team if something can be done.

Doing multiple orders has huge risks involved if we are placing passive orders. I actually incurred a loss few months back rolling positions on Bank Nifty like this. The purpose of calendar spread is exactly to avoid this and even volumes seem to pickup in these contracts closer to expiry. Would be great if you could push this on priority.

Thanks for mentioning call and trade facility :slight_smile:

This is something all brokerage houses provide eg. ICICI, motilal Oswal even Indiabulls (now dhani). Does Zerodha not have this option of roll over with spread? If it has how can we execute this…

1 Like

Would appreciate an update

I don’t understand what’s the problem in providing something that is being provided by the exchange, other brokers and being traded by participants for many years now!
It is mental torture rolling over numerous lots on kite. Either the rollover cost gets way too high unnecessarily or there is big risk of only one leg getting executed. Happened with me numerous times.
AND NO. BASKET ORDERS DONT WORK IF YOU HAVE LIKE 20 LOTS TO ROLL OVER.

@nithin @siva

1 Like

I am still waiting for a response…It is ridiculous that noone seems to know or bother to respond in 6 months…and please don’t give solution as placing a manual order…I have stopped placing orders in futures on zerodha because it is too much of a hassel to roll over manually and was incurring too much cost due to price difference between the two orders…

@nithin @siva

1 Like

Guess guys at zerodha have made a joke of tradingQnA by giving stupid solutions like placing manual orders

Hey @ZY9419 ,
We’re not sure how your earlier reply was missed, Apologies!

To answer your query, our vendor OMS systems currently don’t support spread orders. This has been on our list of things to do but couldn’t be implemented.

In the meanwhile, we’ve built basket orders which allow you to place spread orders conveniently and are working on allowing conditional orders with various order combinations.

Also, SEBI disallowed rollovers in contracts in ban period reducing the requests we get for spread orders.

1 Like

3 more months but Customers are asking a basic functionality but it is not on priority list ??? If Vendor OMS does not support spread orders…Can the vendors refuse to provide a solution that is standard for derivative trading…Why carry on with such vendors ?

“Also, SEBI disallowed rollovers in contracts in ban period reducing the requests we get for spread orders” - This argument is irrelevant…Ban lists is never more than 10 stocks and…and even those stocks are never in ban list 100% of the time…Eg today’s ban list is only 5…So with that argument you will not provide any functionality for all stocks is illogical

1 Like

It’s not going to happen. Have to make peace with it. Guys at zerodha can even automate all their replies to - “it’s in our to do list”. No innovation for months.

1 Like

That is why I now predominantly trade futures with other brokers…I save more money in spread difference then the slightly higher brokerage whenever I roll over my futures contracts…Apparently Zerodha seems quite ok to lose business…