Call side premium

Hy All
Today I bought 46100 call of BNF. Expiry of 7th feb BNF is closed on 46188 today on 1st Feb but I’m still in loss of Rs 1900 same happened in NIFTY call 21750.

Anyone please explain

Could you clarify your query? Are you asking why the premium for the 46100 Call Option has not increased? Based on the data available to me, there were 196,000 open interest positions at the start of the day at the 46100 strike price. Throughout the day, an additional 514,000 new positions have been created. This indicates a bearish sentiment in the market for the 46100 Call Option expiring on February 7th. It’s important to consider this from the perspective of the option writers.

1 Like

You should 1st give detail at what price, time and how many lots etc you have bought 46100CE.

The premiums will be generally bloated during big events like Election, Budget day, etc. so Implied Volatility will be high, hence options premiums were high for the past couple of days.

As there was nothing in yesterdays budget, the implied volatility cooled off and hence all premiums came to their original value by EOD. You can see India VIX went down 9% after budget got over.

If you are new to options please go through varisty about all option greeks and option behaviour before taking a trade.

1 Like

Thanks for your help and suggestions

Thank you