Can any one share own intra day strategy?

hi can i get in touch with u just to get myself a little more explained Q&A on intraday as i m completely new to intraday trades and i have lost much amount .

Sure. Add me on Whatsapp (9047022314). I will respond and clarify any doubts you may have.

You can just go thru this post:

Although Supertrend works on all timeframes, but 1 min timeframe is very impulsive of nature and might not be that concrete unless u r scalping mere paise profit with huge qty. If following supertrend strategy either use trend following indicator like macd in same time frame or use multiple time frame combo like say 15 min - 5 min or daily - 1 hr etc. Take action only when lower timeframe gives signal corresponding to higher timeframeā€¦
Summary for same time frame:
MACD positive cross over, supertrend signal buy (Green arrows) - buy above high of signal candle
MACD negative cross over, supertrend signal sell (Red arrows) - sell below low of signal candle

Summary for multi-time frame:
15 min - positive, 5 min positive - buy above high of 5 min signal
15 min - negative 5 min negative - short below low of 5 min signalā€¦

1 Like

For Intraday trading if u r purely using charts then, u need to be very focussed and disciplined about the system.
The timeframe which u choose is most crucial one, I prefer multi time frame combos like 15 min - 5 min or 1 hr - 15 min for assured signals.

Regarding stocks to buy / sell, well there r multiple ways, 1 of them is u can go for NR7 breakout stocks ie buy above breach of previous day high of nr 7 stock or sell below breach previous day low of nr7 stock.
Many do contra trade ie buy the top loser when rsi is below 20 or short top gainer when rsi is above 80
some buy / sell stocks which have given supertrend buy or sell signal on previous day on breach on previous day high or low respectively

See it depends on how much faith u show in the system u follow, money and risk management discipline and u stay with your system

you can use these links to find NR 7 stocks & supertrend signal stocksā€¦ ie shortlist stocks for trading next day

1. http://chartink.com/screener/narrowes-range-7-stocks

2. http://chartink.com/screener/supertrend-positive-breakout-stable - sell below low of signal candle

3. http://chartink.com/screener/supertrend-sell-signal-stable - buy above high of signal candle

Kindly do ur own due diligence research and dont follow anyones suggestion blindlyā€¦ All the best :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much it was helpful vipul . Would surly get back to you if i come with any query

Do you use zerodha pi or jstock ?

Nowadays I use chartink to scan with my parameters. Have stopped using jstock as it takes quite a bit of time for scanning. Chartink is easier and faster.

1 Like

So you this tool just to pick the stocks for intraday trades.can i use zerodha pi as it also provides studies like ema and macd

Scanning with pi is a pain. This is why I use chartink. By far the best scanner with our custom parameters.

Does chartink give real time intra-day price

It doesnā€™t. Data delayed by 15 mins.

However, I donā€™t need intraday prices for my trading strategy.

2 Likes

but it can also be when ur MACD crossover gives signal and u immediately buy but then if the MACD goes suddenly below signal line then dont u get losses ???
I mean that it is matter of seconds that take for MACD to reach from down to up or from up to down .
How can one surely say that MACD will remain up fo some time or down for some time .
WHAT IS YOUR TARGET AND STOP LOSS ACCORDING TO THAT CAN YOU PLS SPECIFY .

Using supertrend along with macd gives u better probability of winning trade and 2 more benefitsā€¦

1. As supertrend is based on ATR or Average True Range, supertrend level itself acts as a support or resistance levelā€¦ So breach of this level informs us that price may trend further in the direction
  2. It provides us stoploss level in case we are in profit or even when the trade goes awryā€¦

It inculcates patience and prevents from entering impulsive trade. Hence I combine these 2 before tradeā€¦ :smile:

Vipul can you tell one more thing .
What period should i set for Ema , macd and supertrend for intraday trade basis.

EMA cud b 5 or 13 (No such hard and fast rule)
Supertrend set to 10,2 (faster signal - useful for intraday) or 10,3 (stable and stringent for positional as it filters more whipsaw)
Macd set to defaultā€¦
These work for me :smile:
I request u to further experiment and paper trade or trade on low qty in actual first to get the optimum resultsā€¦ Supertrend generally has 44% success ratioā€¦ All the best :grinning:

Why dont you use supertrends , MACD , VMAP or VTR bars for intraday and why only ema and Rsi .
in rsi u mean 0-40 as oversold and 60-100 as overbrought ?

vipul and also why dont you use indicators like ema , vwap , aroon and ADX . why only supertrend and macd.

I donā€™t use them for intraday because I donā€™t like sitting at staring at the charts to capture small moves. I think you can only get clarity on my method of trading if we talk over phone.

I look at the daily chart to see if I should buy or sell for the next day. My indicators guide me only regarding this. I am not interested in trading smaller price moves within the day.

If my buy call is correct, the next day candle will be green and I will make a profit. If the buy call is wrong, I will incur a loss.

The trick is to tilt the probability of winning in your favour. This I do by following the trend as shown by the moving averages and RSI.

If you want to talk about this, you have my phone number. You can call me after a couple of hours, as I need my afternoon nap.:smile:

1 Like

Well thatā€™s d matter of comfort and understanding of an indicator. ADX cud b combined alternatively with supertrend and take signal only when adx is abv say 25.

I find it easier with multi timeframe supertrend or supertrend macd combo for entering a trade as I am using it since last 3+ yrs so may b I prefer those.
Key is to stick to ur system and allow it to yield results.
U r free to use the ones u find comfort in :slight_smile:

1 Like

sure i am just done with my theory about indicators and candlestick patterns .
could you just tell me when is the good time for you to talk so that i can call u and clear my basic doubts .