Can anyone help me know the Client ID and DP ID for my demat account?

I need to fill an IPO, also is there any process through Zerodha to get the IPO forms. I am new to Zerodha, help from anyone will be appreciated.

You can have a Demat account either with NSDL or CDSL. At Zerodha we open CDSL accounts (we used to earlier open NSDL accounts with our Demat partner ILFS). Client ID and DP ID for trading and Demat account are not the same.

Trading account ID is something like this: DN0005

Demat ID is something like 1208160012345678 (CDSL)  or IN300095 12345678 (NSDL accounts opened with us through ILFS)

The first 8 digits in this is called DP ID, which is unique to the broker. So 12081600 is our DP ID at CDSL, so this is the same for all our clients. Similarly IN300095 is ILFS DP ID at NSDL. 

The next 8 digits are called the BO (beneficiary) ID, which is unique to the client. So every Zerodha client will have a different last 8 digits, but the first 8 digits will be the same (12081600). 

And there's no process through Zerodha to get the forms currently. You can visit a bank nearby and fill a physical form by mentioning your DP ID with Zerodha. Visit the profile page on Q https://q.zerodha.com/user/profile/, You can see DP ID as 12081600 Beneficiary ID as a unique 8 digit number. Combine these two to get your 16 digit DP ID that will need to be filled on the IPO form, for example: 1208160012345678

6 Likes

All my friends have accounts with NSDL. I have account with Zerodha hence CDSL.

Why did Zerodha go with only CDSL and not NSDL or both?