Can I club my wife's trading profits and losses with mine while filing returns if she is a housewife and has no real income? Or I must file for her separately since PAN card is different

You’ve to file returns separately.


Hi Rupesh,

In your case trading income as well as trading loss of your wife will be clubbed with the your income. It is compulsory to do so as per provisions of section 64(1)(iv) of Income Tax Act, 1961 since you have transferred her money without adequate consideration. 

1 Like