Can I sell a CNC (Delivery) Order as Intraday?

Hi,

I am new to Zerodha and haven’t placed my 1st order yet.

I just had 1 doubt if anyone can clarify?

If I buy some shares as CNC (Delivery), but the target I meant to achieve is achieved before the end of day, can I square it off as Intraday?

Thank You
Deep

1 Like

Yes, you can certainly square it off on the same day if your target is achieved. Intraday trade charges will apply.

1 Like

Yes, you can definitely do that.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you very much for your replies…

Then is it safe to do all trades as CNC? So just incase I am unable to square off before EOD, I can do it as delivery?

Hmmm, CNC requires full cash and you get no leverage. Also, you can only buy first and then sell. If you want to take leveraged trades and also want to take a short position first, then you should use intraday product type MIS. But if you only want to buy and then sell either on the same day or coming days, then CNC is good.

If you are certain of an upmove, then you can buy more shares for the same amount using MIS for intraday, and then convert as much of this as you want to CNC if you want to take it to the next day.

Thank you for the clarification. :slight_smile:

Just 1 last doubt -

If I just have 10k in my account, and I do a MIS with 3X Leverage. Can I carry it forward as CNC along with the leverage?

1 Like

No, you cannot carry leveraged trades in equity. You can only carry CNC trades which require full cash. MIS positions which are open will be auto squared off at 3.20pm.

Hey deepdave646

You should certainly check out the kite user manual & varsity as well! it certainly helped me a lot!

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am a regular reader of varsity.

But i will surely check out the Kite user manual…

Thank You :slight_smile:

2 Likes