Can we place SL & Target both @ the time of placing the order, esp for options

can we place SL & Target both @ the time of placing the order, esp for options, on

1. Upstox

2. 5paisa

3. Zerodha

4. kotak Neo

keep appreciated.

Regards

1. Yes via GTT.
  2. Unaware
  3. No
  4. No

Yes, you can do this using GTT orders. While placing the order, you will get an option to place Stop-loss and Target on the order window. Please refer to the screenshot👇

1 Like

Why doesn’t it allow specific values instead of percentages? Many times we have a specific figure as a stoploss such as a support level. Having to manually calculate that for each trade is tedious.

Ooo wow, I think I never checked regular order for while but I am sure that it will be limited to BSE, NSE, and NFO. This thing is not for BFO and MCX for sure.

GTT order is not like SL order, it is a broker facility and the order is pending at broker level for trigger unlike SL order which is pending at exchange level. So it will most of time lead to slippages while triggering as zerodha feed is slower than actual real time exchange feeds.

You can use bracket orders if you are trading intraday. Go for fyers or espresso.

Damn! I was trading on MIS order all those days. At one instance @ShubhS9 confused me of regular trading. SL and TP are only available to carryforward position as GTT orders are NRML/CNC type.