Can't see the issued GSEC in holdings after receiving mail

I received an email from Zerodha as well as CDSL that my dement account is credited with GSEC. However, I can’t see anything under the holding tabs. Does this take time to appear there? Thanks!

The allotment is done on T+2 day, so it starts reflecting in your holdings on the 3rd day. Should show up tomorrow.

Thanks for your prompt response!
That means I can pledge them tomorrow and use the margin from day after tomorrow?

BTW it shows status as “allotted” in the coin app as well!

1 Like

It should be allowed for pledging if available in the nsccl list. As per the pledging process the amount is available on in t+1 day

Ok got it.
I came across the following article by Zerodha.

Here it says, that one can’t use the pledged margin to buy options but used only for selling options. Does that include GSEC(cash equivalent) too?

And if it does, suppose I am using only the whole pledged margin without additional cash; would I be able to buy the corresponding options to hedge my position(before selling to get the margin benefit too)?

@Neelesh Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

No, collateral margin, even if it’s considered as cash equivalent, cannot be used for buying options. For this, you will have to keep a cash balance in your account. However, if you sell options first, the premium received can be used for buying options.

Got it! Thanks