CDSL Easiest - Share Transfer

I have registered for CDSL Easiest with option Account of Choice. But I’m not sure how to transfer the Shares. Can anyone guide me with steps to transfer shares to another CDSL Account using CDSL Easiest ?

You can use DIS to transfer shares. Ask you broker to provide DIS slip in which your holding shares

Regarding how to fill the DIS slip see below link

If you still have issues call broker they will guide you.

1 Like

@a13989 ; CDSL easiest /NSDL speed e are online facility for transferring shares from one demat to another . Compare to DIS slip these are instant transfer , available anywhere 24 hours of the day and very cost effective .
i do through NSDL “speed e” so do not have personal experience of CDSL 'easiest" hence did not respond to your query .

I think you lose POA arrangement on this registration. Please check with broker once.

1 Like

@PR4575 : no need to give POA .

Thank you for the Information, As i do not stay in India its hard to submit DIS Slip.

Thanks for the update

I was saying he needs to check whether he will lose already given POA. As i read it somewhere back…

If somebody can confirm, it will be great.

if he has a POA based demat account in all probability the broker will not accept / will not give consent to add the brokerage firm as beneficiary in CDSL easiest or NSDL speed e. the client need to operate through POA only .

In that case, what if one still wants to add beneficiary for online share transfer?

you can add with consent of proposed receiver /beneficiary .

Please can anybody advice me why there’s no option to transfer shares.

I got this reply from Zerodha. Haven’t done it yet.

1 Like

This happens when you have registered only for easi and not for easiest

Check the below link to know how to register

And select this:

To Register for Easiest! Click Here

Once you register, follow the steps given here to transfer:

1 Like

under miscellaneous tab there will be an option to ‘UPGRADE BOID TO EASIEST’. Request will be authenticated by DP in 24 to 48 hours.
EASI - Viewing rights
EASIEST - Viewing and Transferring rights

Hey thanks,

This was so helpful.

Congratulations!! Your request for upgradation of BOID to easiest has been successfully set up. Kindly submit the duly signed easiest registration form along with necessary documentation for account of choice/ trusted account option to your DP. Once your DP authenticates the request you will receive PIN /eToken (digital signature) as per the option selected. On receipt of PIN /eToken (digital signature) you would be able to transfer securities from your demat account through easiest.

@ShubhS9

Can you advise on why the DP has rejected my application for “Easiest” in CDSL?

Hi @Joe_Chris, please create a ticket at support.zerodha.com. Our team will check and have this clarified.

The team is just as clueless.

I tried to upgrade from easi to easiest. It is getting rejected by Z.
Z asked me to create a new registration with new user name. This got rejected by CDSL as I am already an existing user.

Please can you intervene

under miscellaneous tab, you can find an option to deregister the username. Deregistering and creating a new account might help

1 Like