Changing trends in E-commerce

I can confirm by looking at many of my friends that this trend holds true for electronic items like smart phones, TVs etc. But, the growing trend of e-commence growth is a bit surprising as according to my assumption, people in tier 2 and 3 cities still prefer to go and shop directly from the physical store or a kirana

:hot_face:

Interesting datapoint from ET article

For fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), companies like ITC, Emami, Marico, Parle Products and Dabur have reported a growth of 3-5% percentage points in e-commerce contribution in the last one-two years, driven largely by quick commerce.

In fact, the contribution of alternate channels - e-commerce and modern retail together - now account for one-fourth of the total sales for companies like ITC, Emami and Marico.

Will the trend change for online delivery of food going forward? has it peaked out or is yet to peak out? some of the rates on zomato , swiggy are outrageous to say the least

1 Like

You’re right!

Yep. My pals are all about e-shopping for gadgets, but I’ve noticed, too, that the local stores still pull in the crowd for everyday stuff in smaller cities.