Charges in Coin

I invested a sum of 25000 in two mutual funds through Coin. As it was mentioned an amount of 50 per month will be charged for invested amount exceeding 25000. I have two queries regarding this
1)What will be charge if I invest a lumpsum amount apart from 25000 already invested at a time and
2)I saw in zerodha q that the amont invested by me is showing few paisa more than what i invested like i invested 25000 but it is showing 25000.06. So my question is will that be considered above 25000 and rs 50 will be charged.

The charges are based on how much you invest. You will be charged Rs.50+15% service tax per month, which works out Rs.57.5/-. This charge is applicable once you cross your investment of Rs.25,000/-. So when you make an additional investment over and above Rs.25,000/-, this charge will kick in.

I’m assuming your amount increased to Rs.25,000.06 due to the increase in NAV. For billing purpose, we only take the amount invested into consideration and not the growth of your investment.

1 Like

Yes, thank you for solving queries. One more question is that if I invest more in a lumsum amount at a time, do I have to pay that rs 50 just once or every month. Also what happens when I do an SIP every month

My bad - the reason is this. When you invest in MF, we usually divide the value of your investment by the NAV, and shore the investment upto 12 decimals. However, the AMC tend to round it off to 3 decimal places. So, when you look at the portfolio, then actual investment could vary by 5 paisa above and below your investment.

Moment you cross your investments over and above Rs25,000/- , irrespective of lumpsum or SIP, the monthly Rs.50+ST charges are applicable. This is a recurring monthly charge. So this works out to Rs.690 per year.

Ok, thanks no issues now.

50 Ru for one mutual fund ? or we can buy 100 mutual fund Scheme so one mutual fund 50*100 =5000 per months

or which ever mutual fund no if amount will more than 25000 after coin will charge 50 ru per months there is no relation to MF NO and amount

If you cross Rs 25000 in investments on COIN (by investing in direct schemes), then you will be Rs 50 per month. So, if you have invested more than ₹25000 and in N number of schemes so you would still be paying ₹50 per month.

1 Like

If i remove my 25000 rupees completely from coinand after one month if i again invest 25000 rupees through coin;
then will I be charged Rs 50 per month because me total invested money till now becomes Rs50000 but my net invested money in coin is Rs25000?

Yes, you will be charged. Once you have completely redeemed all units from your portfolio then you need to deactivate your subscription, if not, then the subscription charges will still be levied. Once you have invested any amount further then the subscription charges will be applicable again.