Closing ICICIDirect Account

Hi

Just needed a little help. I tried to close my icicidirect account and submitted the form at the bank branch, the demat account was closed in 3 days but the trading account is still open. They are saying I have to disable currency and commodities in order to close my trading account completely. When I asked customer service they said we have to purchase and sell a currency contract in order to close it. The whole process seemed shady.

If anyone has any experience in this matter, your help would mean a lot.

Sounds fishy. Hopefully someone has experience in this forum with these guys.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

1 Like

Hope it is resolved. If not, please email them and not speak over phone as it will be difficult to establish what they have said. Mostly the call centre guys are incompetent and ignorant in most companies. They parrot non-sense apology instead of understanding the issue. They are just as useful as a bot in most cases. Please update once.

This happened to me while opening an account at Zerodha in 2015. After chasing them, they insisted I deposit 25k for activation. The next day, they said I needed to deposit another 25k to activate my trading account.
So, having added 50,000 which I was okay with, they made me wait for a week, but activation was done only after I threatened to escalate it in Google Reviews.

So, yeah, things move only when tempers are frayed.