COIN: Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 ETF vs Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF

(1) what is the TER of “Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 Fund of Fund - Direct Plan - Growth”
(2) what is the difference between “Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 ETF” and " Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 Fund of Fund"
(3) why does coin does not offer “Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 ETF”

regards

1 Like

TER of FOF is 0.1% since it holds ETF which has expense ratio of 0.54%, total expense ratio for FOF adds up to 0.64%.

ETF is traded on Exchange and you can Buy or Sell anytime throughout the day which isn’t possible in FOF which is Mutual Fund and you have to make Buy or Redeem request before cut-off time.

In FOF you can do SIP which isn’t possible in ETF.

ETF is Exchange traded fund that’s why it is not available on Coin but it is available on Kite, search for “N100”.

1 Like

Thanks for clarification. :slight_smile:
Yes, i see N100 in kite.

May i know what is the TER for N100 ?
and
How does ETF fund manager collect TER for this N100 ETF ?

example:
if ETF is 100rs today and TER is 1%
and after 1 year, if underlying is still 100rs, does fund manager deduct TER by making NAV value 99rs ?

1 Like

Expense Ratio of N100 is 0.54%.

3 Likes

Thanks @ShubhS9

Motilal Oswal NASDAQ 100 ETF has split the face value of its shares from Rs 10 to Rs 1. When will this reflect in holdings?
@ShubhS9

1 Like

As per this support page, it will take 1 or 2 working days to reflect in holdings

I hold Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 ETF and my demat account is credited with the additional units. (icici direct). FYI only

2 Likes

@ShubhS9 Kite showing incorrect information post split.

Is this the same case with ICICI Prudential Nifty 100 Low Vol 30 & it’s MF ICICI Prudential Nifty Low Vol 30 ETF FOF.
ETF has 0.42% expense ratio, tracking error of 0.08%.
The MF has expense ratio of 0.13%. So, the total expense ratio is 0.42 + 0.13 = 0.55% right ?
How to take the tracking error into account ?