Collateral margin/Pledging stocks for placing BO

Hi,

I came to know that I can place BO using collateral margin. But I am still confused with what charges will be charged, hence can someone explain how much would I have to pay for the below scenario:

Suppose I have 1 lakh worth stocks that I have pledged. After haircut (suppose 10%), I get 90K as collateral margin. Now if I don’t have any other Cash fund except this 90K, I place intraday bracket order worth 90K. What will I be charged if I make a profit of 10K and what will I be charged if I make a loss of 10K?

Whether interest will be charged on collateral margin used at the end of the day or even on intraday orders?

Regards-
Chirag Keswani

It’s totally free if you trade intraday both in equity and fno…but for carry over of FNO you need to keep 50% margin in cash else an applicable rate of interest will be charged per day for the margin above 50%.

Thanks for your response. So if I make a loss of say 10K that day, how is that going to be settled? At the end of the month, or when I unpledge my pledged stocks?

You can now pledge securities (Stocks & ETFs) to get collateral margin which can be used for trading futures and options on equity and currency.

As per Exchanges, on an end of day open position basis, only 50% of margin required to trade F&O can be brought in by the way of collateral (margin received form pledging securities). The remaining 50% has to brought in as cash. If the client doesn’t bring in cash, a brokerages working capital will be getting utilized.

The interest percentage will be at 0.05% per day for whatever the debit amount in the account.

Click here to read more about Online pledging of stocks for trading F&O

If you make a loss of 10k and if u don’t have cash in your trading account…then your trading account will be in -10k plus brokerage …and an applicable rate of interest will be charged for that -ve balance till you deposit amount in your trading account else it will be settled when you sell your holdings after unpledging.