Console tags (beta): Trading journal & tracking goals

@TheGouda @siva @Nakul This issue is still not resolved. if scripts for tagging are more, we have to manually reduce the browser size to see the save button. Please provide a scroll bar to view all scrips at one go.

We have fixed this issue for both Console holdings and the PnL page. SAVE button should be visible up to 100% zoom level on the browser.

Sir,is it possible to tag all last 1 year trades to TAG at once ! anyone please clarify

No, not possible.

Just a suggestion-
Please have a button to tag all the trades of a particular strike price at once.

For eg If I have traded 14500 PE 28 times, then there should be an option to mark all entries with a particular tag instead of doing it manually 28 times.

@siva

1 Like

Yeah, it is like that only but let me get this checked.

1 Like

@siva Hi,

I am getting an issue where I am unable to tag fresh F&O Trades in Console. I did manage to tag a few trades two days back but unable to add any fresh tags in F&O.

I am able to add tags to EQ Cash unrealized positions & EQ Cash Realized Positions.

It just gets stuck saying tagging and when I check Portfolio >> Tags. It does not show as updated.

@TheGouda Can you please look into ticket no 20210202410967. Open since 5th March and it is partially resolved. The pending issues are:-

While trying to tag it says - No breakdown available.

Just an observation on the mobile view hereā€¦The tags are shown in landscape mode but not in portrait modeā€¦

Landscape mode has more details and space and hence maybe the reason why it shows and not in portrait modeā€¦

I think it should not matter today. Being a responsive UI, it should adapt to portrait mode. There is enough room for it. Also, data should be consistent and uniform and platform and device agnostic.

@siva @nithin It would be nice to have a select all feature to select all traded contracts and tag it in one go. A possible scenario is when we are trading with one strategy only but there are many different contracts traded. Selecting individually each contract and tagging would be a pain.

I can create tags successfully for stock portfolio, however I went to P&L and tried to tag last monthā€™s F&O position, nothing happens.

Tags get created successfully, however under Portfolio > Tags, my F&O tags are not seen.

Am I missing something?

Checking.

In our list of things to do for upcoming updates :slight_smile:

Since we plan on introducing tagging feature in the Kite order window, if you trade different strategies using Baskets, this should solve the problem. Weā€™ll try simplify tagging feature in the upcoming updates.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have around 12000 contract line items (multiple option contracts) all traded using the same strategy. So all need to be tagged together at once in the P&L page. Is this possible ?

Equity MF doesnot have tags ??

You can try tagging other MF holdings. Also, could you please DM your client ID, so we can check this?

The new console tags can prove to be a great help during trading. With the trading journal and tracking tools, tracking as well as monitoring various aspects is expected to become much easier.

1 Like

@nithin further to the lighter moment on Twitter where you mentioned gifting shares and ETFs to your loved ones, I have a suggestion, allow me to share -

I have some shares in my account which my father had gifted me a few years back. It shows in my portfolio and needless to say the profit and loss are determined by taking those gifted shares into account.

But what I would want is some way to get the real view of my investments, without taking those gifted shares into account to determine the worth of my efforts alone. A gift is a gift. Itā€™s there by the way. Iā€™m just letting them be, not selling them either, and donā€™t even want it to contribute/ influence my profit/ loss.

I tried with Console tags, and tagged those shares as ā€˜giftā€™ but there is no way I can do a set operation like (total portfolio - gift tag) to know the real worth of my efforts alone.

Is there a way to get this ā€˜minus the giftā€™ view?

Such set operations can be helpful in other situations as well.

Hmmā€¦ :slight_smile:

Adding it on my list, but with low priority.