Coronavirus Comeback?

I too live in Mumbai. A colleage of mine lost his father last week. His entire family was infected. To add salt to injury he was not allowed to touch his father for the one last time. They put him in a bag and gave him a token to come at a said cremation ground. And there he was just allowed to press the button to see his dad turn into ashes. Imagine such an incident would leave a strain in your mind forever Another colleague’s father is fighting. His entire family too was found positive. He was finding it difficult to get a bed earlier. Both told me ‘do not’ take this disease lightly. Only those who are suffering know what’s going on. No beds were available in Mumbai. Healthcare infrastructure has collapsed completely. Another ex-colleague felt the symptoms and he booked for tests. 2 days it took to collect samples. After 3 days he got an email that due to testing overload and too much rush and backlog, his sample could not be tested. Another friend in Delhi who had corona some time back went to donate plasma and told that same situation in Delhi too. Healthcare infra has collapsed and medical professionals are under tremendous pressure.

I did not share this to scare you or so. But the ground reality is hard-hitting. And there is more than money in life. Only those who are suffering are aware. We are on our own, literally.

5 Likes

My fathers friends wife passed away due to corona and similar last rites trauma for the family. I am not sure if that act of seclusion helps.

My father stays in a gated community of ~150 villas in Hyderabad. And 7 of those villas have people that are infected. My cousin was recently infected but he recovered without any alarms. But after recovering he keeps getting repeated blood clots in the leg (doctor says it could be an after effect of the infection, i find this weird)

i don’t want to say that, we should be fealesss, but peoples are scared more, even some front line workers.
the disease has less than 1.5 mortality rate. and the deaths are happening mostly due to co-diseases.
some months back my flat neighbor found positive, healthcare team came early in the morning with big alarming sound & announcement speaker, they took him & washed entire society for a week, after bi week he cured & released.
i faced the tension atmosphere few months back when the cases are at peak level, & the untouchablity was on top. i was called, visited many ambulance & hospitals for non covid patient admission, they want a certificate of noncovid & no any certificate was issued that time without checking by govt authority.
incomplete knowledge in people raised untouchablity & big fear.
now days some peoples are still thinks that. we accpet the facts, follow the rules of safety, thats it , no extra fear to be feeled or spreaded.

Fear has its place in keeping us alive, for survival, you know. If there was no fear, people would jump off the buildings (just giving an example). Now bringing the topic back to stock market, it too runs on two emotions fear and greed.

1 Like

So, the financial capital could go under lockdown.

Telangana chief minister has assured there will be NO lockdown.

only MEDIA is scaring the whole country , the goverment to SHUTDOWN all the media in the country for one month ,All lockdown will be lifted , market also will be peacefull , just we need to give suggestion govt to shutdown the media for a month , everything will become normal in india

Actually media is important during a pandemic, for public health and communication, don’t you think?

fear & enthusiasm both are must in our life but,are more dangerous if they crossed the line of control.
& yes they are necessary in life & market with small to moderate level.
Market is at the level of top, (*where the upside might not be more than 15-20% ) but expensive valuation can put selling pressure which may show more same % correction. the peoples with extra fear go short (without study), whereas peoples with calculated fear , risk just book the profits in long. so panic selling results in loss for innocent investors, so my point is any panic condition should be avoided while discussion, because new comers read less react more on any fear & euphoria situation.

Single day deaths crossed 2,000 for the first time.

How stock prices go up when there are only buyers in the market, similarly one vial of Remdesivir in black market can fetch upto Rs 30k. The same greed is acting upon.

Humanity has been abusing nature, destroying oxygen producing trees and forests since long and today we are feeing breathless without oxygen. Karma, maybe!

Where are we heading as a species?

1 Like

India reported 314,835 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, the highest single-day tally recorded anywhere in the world since the pandemic started last year.

The markets are not going to correct much, there’s evidence of that. But I still want the new cases to atleast get below 1 lakh soon. Have aging parents (albeit vaccinated) and I myself have comorbidities (diabetic). Plus I am quite sick of using masks. Conversations without seeing expressions of people is little bland. And its sweaty!

1 Like

The actual cases are much more than the reported cases in reality. The govt. is not uploading the real no. of cases on the database, just as the Police doesn’t file the FIRs, to show less crime in their area, the govt. too want to show the world that things are in their control.
As far as markets are concerned, they are not going to crash. Markets crash only when the whole world is under a crisis. Currently only India is under crisis but DIIs are supporting the market at the lower levels.

1 Like

Mumbai on Saturday recorded 5,888 new COVID-19 cases, the lowest daily rise in infections since March 30.

Only the essentials shops will remain open, that too only from from 6 am to 10 am every day. And full blanket ban on public transport.

Steps taken after Karnataka reported biggest single day spike of 34,804 new COVID-19 cases. Bengaluru Urban alone accounted for 20,733 cases.

In a surprising turn of events, Delhi govt has issued directives to restrict travellers specifically from AP and Telangana citing virulent strain.

Telangana has reported low incidence but almost no one here believes those numbers.

I am sharing something with my personal experience which none of these news articles are covering.

It’s not just about the medical and healthcare system that is visibly broken down. But in my observation and understanding, the entire nation’s productivity has been impacted. Customer care and grievance across industries, across companies, are delayed. Be it some issue with your insurance policy to even renewal of AMC of an electronic device at home, to a vendor working for you, to a courier you’ve dispatched that’s running late, everywhere, due to covid work is delayed.

I am worried if Covid tightens its grip on India, which is already an inefficient nation wrt work, would tumble down like a house of cards. Not a single news media is reporting this, and the stock market is such a forward-looking animal that during the 2020 crisis it was looking forward to 2022 and now even beyond. I mean, there is a limit to it. While walking, if you don’t focus on the next step and instead keep staring at 100 meters away, you are bound to lose your footing and tumble.

2 Likes

Mainstream Indian Media are jokers.

What can markets do when most companies are declaring bumper profits ?

With better vaccination drives in US their economic activity ll be better than us… sooner
Foreign money flow into Indian equity will dry up and markets will boil down to reality…

I hope n pray India sails through this pandemic safely.

1 Like

Dr AK Rawat, a surgeon who was vaccinated, died of COVID-19 on Saturday. He was 58.

1 Like

India reported below 3 lakh Covid-19 cases for the second consecutive day. Hopefully will be below 1 lakh soon!

1 Like