Coronavirus Comeback?

1. Amid fears of a second wave of coronavirus, Maharashtra on Thursday reported 35,952 fresh COVID-19 cases and 111 deaths in the last 24 hours, its highest-ever single-day spike ever since the outbreak of the pandemic last year. Fatility is now 2.27%
    https://english.jagran.com/india/maharashtra-sees-records-spike-of-36000-covid19-cases-over-5500-in-mumbai-as-authorities-brainstorm-lockdown-10024888

2. FII have sold around 5,000 cr in the past 2 days.

What do you guys think? Nifty Going back home?

1 Like

If someone has sold . There must be someone who bought such a big weight !
Correct ?

Yes, of course . DII have bought. But downturn with large fii selling is often viewed with concern.

1 Like

Your types of market analyst were saying bnf will touch 10k… Later they were found giving excuses…
Never try to predict market based on such scenarios…

Ofcourse, crash almost never comes when ppl expect. But a bull mkt correction of 15% can’t be ruled out I guess… Time will tell…

This is a discussion. I don’t know what you mean by ‘my type’. Ill tell you my type. I was buying into the dip long before the bottom, when nifty was around 10k… So know that I was never looking for bn 10k or nifty 4k last year.

3 Likes

But yes, I booked out most of my direct stock holdings this jan, and have kept MFs mostly as is. So bit at ease, but I’m overall still invested.

I am not looking forward to any big corrections, but small dips, I’d not be tat unhappy.

1 Like

India has recorded 47,262 new Covid-19 cases and 275 deaths in the last 24 hours.

All said and done, this time WE HAVE THE VACCINE

covid-graph

1 Like

Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Sunday directed the administration to plan strategies for a smooth implementation of a lockdown in the days to come.

1 Like

Since now they are only testing the sickest, that’s bound to look worse… reality now is probably better than what those numbers suggest imo.

Ek saal kuch nahi hua ab kya hoga, stop this fear mongering.

I am not making doomsday conclusions here. Its not fear mongering if its news based on facts without exagerations.

Definition of fear mongering

Fearmongering or scaremongering is a form of manipulation which causes fear by using exaggerated rumors of impending danger.

Anyways, it is better to take precautions (I am not talking of finance). Market Dips could be limited this time if any, since we now have vaccines. Even if market goes down 10% from here, I would only take it as healthy Bull market correction for the next big leg.

Ek saal kuch nahi hua

kuch hua toh hai. Loss of lives and livelihood. Usse zyada hone ke liye this is not bubonic plague.

2 Likes

Daily cases crossed the 1-lakh mark for the first time.

cvi

Vaccines have to be administered to all!

1 Like

@Vij so are you shorting the market? Because I think that’s the better way than covering such news which we all know what’s happening around. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No @rupeshmandal not really. I don’t spread rumours. And if you read the link in the previous post, it’s about a cure.

We all know what’s happening in the news. Is it adding any value beyond that? Think.

@Rupeshmandal you’ve made your point. Thank you for your views.

Imo starting this kind of topic is okay. It’s not breaking news I agree, It’s put forward for discussion.

I live in Maharashtra, my area is big containment zone, but still we don’t think that the world will ruin soon, i don’t see any fearful atmosphere around my area, but i get little scared when read in newspaper & watch on TV that Maharashtra has now corona capital, peoples will died soon. bla bla bla.
jisko darana hai wo dare, jisko govt pe trust hai wo trust kare, jisko market valuation & trend pata hai wo use follow kare… tension kayko lene ka?

2 Likes

Indeed, I don’t forsee any major drawdown because crash has already been completed last year. Dont forsee overreaction again now when vaccine is available and even cure is under clinical trials and showing results. Having said that small corrections can’t be ruled out imo.