Creating a Forum Website

Hi, sorry to go off topic, but can anyone share the technical details and process of making a forum like Tradingqna , Valuepickr and this forum among many others. All these forum are similar in terms of interface and working. Ignore kindly if unaware :smiley:
Thanks in advance :smiley:

Tradingqna runs on

There’s also Buddypress by wordpress if you want something simpler.

4 Likes

SMF (Simple Machines Forum) is also an option. Buy some webspace, register a good domain name, install the free software & theme and you are good to go.

Would go through SMF also, ty though

Each hosting company with each you will register your domain today have something like their own forum software from that one click install bundles which usually comes along really. So there is something to be done there totally and correctly anyway.

Can you clarify? I didn’t get it @PureTopics

That’s a spam bot you are talking to :slight_smile:

Dear Mods, Admins,

Tradingqna is a beautiful site and I wish to develop similar forum for some other purposes but unable to figure out which forum template/site/platform this forum is based on.

This site and similar sites (i.e. openwrt) looks much better than tapatalk based forums.

6 Likes

Thank you Nithin. Looking at their pricing, I realized that it costs a lot to Zerodha to keep this forum running. Kudos.

That’s a managed solution. We use the open source version of the tool.

2 Likes

Hey @Bhuvan/team, off-topic again. I see TradingQNA is using the self-hosted version of Discourse. Also, the website is pretty good at SEO, is it because of the sitemap plugin or are you using any other discourse plugins or tools?

Also, do you know how long it takes for discourse pages to list on Google page?

Nothing else

1 Like