Creating SIP triggers on Sentinel

Good Afternoon.

I am looking for a way to trigger an EQ Buy every week if the LTP is lower than the FUT price of the specified Instrument by a specified amount. I tried the following. It keeps saying invalid expression.

((LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:INFY’)-Math_Abs(20)) < (LastTradedPrice(‘NFO:INFY20DECFUT’)
((LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:HDFCBANK’)-Math_Abs(20)) < (LastTradedPrice(‘NFO:HDFCBANK20DECFUT’)
((LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:RELIANCE’)-Math_Abs(20)) < (LastTradedPrice(‘NFO:RELIANCE20DECFUT’)
((LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:ICICIBANK’)-Math_Abs(20)) < (LastTradedPrice(‘NFO:ICICIBANK20DECFUT’)

Could anyone help me in this?

That might be happening due to extra opening bracket before LastTradedPrice function. Try this expression -

(LastTradedPrice('NSE:ICICIBANK') - Math_Abs(0.5)) < LastTradedPrice('NFO:ICICIBANK20DECFUT')

Thank you. This works. However I tried a similar one for INFY with different parameters and that also accepts whereas in the case of INFY the condition is already met. Is there something I am missing?

(LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:ICICIBANK’) - Math_Abs(0.6)) < LastTradedPrice(‘NFO:ICICIBANK20DECFUT’)
(LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:INFY’) - Math_Abs(30.0)) < LastTradedPrice(‘NFO:INFY20DECFUT’)

In the case of ICICIBANK if I put any value higher than 0.6 in Mth_Abs, it gives the error that the trigger condition is already met.

INFY LTP is 1189.8 and Dec fut is 1190.65. But Sentinel still accepts the trigger.

I tried saving the above expression for INFY but the “The trigger condition is already met” error displayed -

SIP-Test

Maybe you could try copy-pasting the expression below and see if you get an error or not -

(LastTradedPrice('NSE:INFY') - Math_Abs(30.0)) < LastTradedPrice('NFO:INFY20DECFUT')

This is similar to the expression that you shared above but the only difference is the quotes. I use straight/simple apostrophes (') instead of curly apostrophes ( and ) used in your expression.

I have noticed that in my case if I use the expression that you shared above (with curly apostrophes) then Sentinel just hangs.

(LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:INFY’) - Math_Abs(30.0)) < LastTradedPrice(‘NFO:INFY20DECFUT’)

Sentiel-Error

Maybe @Arockiya_Raja might be able to help.

will get it checked.

Error message is correct only. The condition is already met, the same is shown.

1 Like