Crude oil trading

I have a question, suppose I am trading only in one metal or say crude oil multiple times a day or say 3 times a day, (like a scalper) buying- selling, buying -selling , at the end of the day will the points made be averaged out or i will get the total points?, I mean as an eg. if for the first trade, i buy at 10 and sell it at 20 and then second time I sell it at 20 and buy it at 14, and for the third time, I buy it at 10 and sell it at 17, will the total point be 10+6+7=23 (not counting brokerage here), or the price would be taken as an average of three trades?

the price would be taken as an average of three trades

What If I place a limit order!??

It does not matter what’s the average of your trades is in your particular executed trades (if you are trading in single lot). total profit will be 23 and even if you take into consideration the average of your trades the end result will also be same i.e. 23 . buy price average 10+14+10/3=11.33 sell price average=20+20+17/3=19. profit =(19-11.33)* 3=23.
brokerage will be applicable on your executed trades not on average.

1 Like

I think that the price will be the averages of the traders. I don’t know the exact value but i am sure that it is the average of the three. I don’t know why you have to complicate things for yourself. You need to make things as simple for you. I hope that you will have the answer to your question.

1 Like