Cumbersome accounting with Zerodha Console tools

If I want to input all buys/sells in Tally at the end of the year, it becomes very cumbersome with Zerodha Console tools, as I have to download 12 different Excel sheets (1 for each month), each Excel sheet contains multiple sheets within it, one for each day’s contract note. Even the Annual Global Statement does not contain all relevant details, hence one has to download the 12 Excel files, and sift through each contract note. I am aware of other brokers having much better systems, especially much better AGS or global report, which means you do not have to go through each contract note individually. Anything I am missing that will make my job easier?

1 Like

@Nakul Can you.

What do you want to input into Tally? Trade related details? If yes, then the tradebook is downloadable for one year at a go. If it’s charges, you can download it from the P&L. Could you elaborate your query?

Tally is what I use for everything. The tradebook download doesn’t contain details like ISIN, STT & other charges, etc. If that is fixed, it would be great!

The tradebook will not contain charges, we’ve taken the feedback to add ISIN.

Have you tried downloading the Tax P&L for the FY? Most of the information that you’ve asked for is readily available in the report.

1 Like

Thanks. But I believe the Tax P&L only has information about the securities I have sold. If I am still holding them, I don’t get the details & can’t input the proper cost including STT & other charges (though the charges are nominal).

you provide contract xml file, if you can also provide same in tally xml format what would be great. Tally XML format is not that complicated :slight_smile: