Date Query in Option Trading - 24FEB? 24MAR?

Hello, hope all of your P&Ls are closing in green. :raised_hands:

I have a confusion regarding the date of an option I bought, would be helpful if someone can clarify.

I bought 1 lot of Tata Motors OTM CE which is in green (at least for the time being!)
Before expiry I was thinking about adding one more lot to my position, so I was setting up an alert for the price, I wanted to buy the lot in.
In the alert I noticed that the date of the CE was being shown as TATAMOTORS24FEB960CE.

My Qs is why is the date being shown here 24 FEB, Just to check I tried setting up the alert for March and the same 24MAR is shown. If the expiry is last Thursday of the month, which happens to be 29 Feb this month and 28 March next month, then why is 24 shown everywhere? What is the reason.
I do not have the intention to settle in physical delivery even if the CE gets ITM, so would be selling my CE option next week.
Do I have to sell it before 24 FEB? Why?
What is the margin requirement date for this, is it the 24th of every month? and say hypothetically, my CE option gets ITM and I do not have the required margin to get the physical delivery of the shares, so what happens in that scenario?

24 denotes the year 2024 :slight_smile:

ROFL…oh God, I’m so fixated on the D/M/Y format that my pea sized brain couldn’t think beyond that. :rofl:

Thank you so much for the clarity!

Any thoughts on the other part of my query?

When do the margin requirements kick in if the CE gets ITM? Is there any specific date? And what happens if I don’t have enough margins/funds to buy the delivery?

If you dont have required margin,position will be closed.
You can read about physical settlement policy here.