Deep OTM Option(Ex:20 from ATM) not available for hedging and margin benefits on streak strategy building?

I am trying to apply a simple Iron condor strategy on Bank nifty. While selecting a Dynamic contract , i am not able to select deep OTM for margin benefits. The offset is only available till 9 . In this case the overall profits becomes very very less if we choose even 9 deep OTM. Is there a way to select Deep OTM like 20 deep from ATM.
Also I want to exit my strategy for 3:25 but i checked streak only allow it till 3:15 . Is it possible to run Strategies till 3:25 ?

Please Help if you know the answer :slight_smile:

Zerodha doesn’t allow for deep otm… Inswitched the broker because of this reason

@Sreeram_Ganeshan1 : but what is the reason ?

@Streak can you.

We allow buying options of any strike price for hedging purposes if you hold a short option position. The restriction is for naked long options due to the member level OI limit. Explained in detail here.

@ShubhS9 @Sreeram_Ganeshan1 :

As you can see i am trying to add Long position on my already added short positions for margin benefits(Iron Fly) but it’s not letting me add it. I can go upto 9 or -9 strike prices . Since the price of these strike prices are high , i am not able to apply proper Iron fly for Theta Decay.
Is it possible to add more then 9 strike price like 15-20 to hedge the position.

@Streak, can you help with this.

Hi @Vijay_Kumar1110

Currently, you cannot select strikes further than +9/-9 from the ATM strike in Dynamic Contracts. However, you can add Strikes manually at a distance of +15 and -15 strikes from the ATM strike of the previous day’s close.

1 Like

@Vasu_patel : How can we do that ? I don’t see any option of adding strike price manually.

Please let me know if this type of option of selecting a strike price manually is available ?

You can search for option strikes for weekly and monthly expiry in the following manner in the search bar -

For monthly expiry - “Script name” “YY” “Month(in alphabets)” “Strike Price” “CE/PE”. For example - NIFTY22AUG17400CE

For weekly expiry - “Script name” “YY” “MM” “DD” “Strike Price” “CE/PE”. For example - NIFTY2281117400CE

Refer to the below screenshot with the NIFTY monthly expiry 17400 PE contract selected (NIFTY22AUG17400PE).

Hope this helps.