Dematerializing share owned jointly in two people's names

I have some physical share certificates that need to be dematerialized. They are jointly in the name of two people.
So I have a question about the demat account that I need to open - does it need to be a joint account in the names of both the shareholders, or is it okay to have a demat account in only one of their names?


@Akamoha Hi,
Yes, you will need to open a joint-demat account to dematerialise them.

Another option would be to reach out to the RTA (Registrar) of the company and get these share certificates transferred to the first holder and then demaerialse these shares certificates.