Demonetisation 2.0

1 Like

It is not demonetisation. Notes will continue to be legal tender. People are merely being nudged to visit the nearest bank branch and deposit those 2k notes.

Though one question remains unanswered. What happens if i miss out on a few notes & find them after 30th Sept? Let’s wait for more clarity from RBI.

1 Like

Similar to what happened in 2016. You will lose your money if you miss the deadline.

I havent seen 2000 Rs notes since couple of years.

Majority of people will have no problem with this, i haven’t used or even seen 2000rs note in a long while, and that is not a coincidence, it was a planned rbi move from a while.

I have 40 of them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bde paise wale ho bhai​:rofl::rofl::crazy_face:

1 Like

Now i know why you keep searching for HNI here :grinning:

1 Like

The only time I saw them in bulk loads was when I was working at BDB (BKC) in 2017 (this was post-demonetisatn)… Men would walk in very casually with briefcases & when opened… the briefcases would be full of pink colour 2k notes. Most of the biz was handled in cash… Oh! the stories I saw unravel over there…

1 Like

Please this weekend story time. Please please :pray:

1 Like

Noooooooooooooo
I’m lower middle class
The problem is Cash is still the king at my city. Shopkeepers still frown if we want to pay through Gpay, phone pe etc. When we book an uber, driver calls and ask Payment cash ya digital and the moment we say digital he cancels the booking. So weve no option but to keep cash.
Come to my place Kanpur once and you’ll know what I’m taking about

In my city even pani puri wala accept paytm.

2 Likes

Your profile says you live in Skane. How will you see Indian currency there

1 Like

My sister lives in Bangalore. Situation is opposite there. People frown on cash payment there.

is @gnome from sweden

1 Like

I don’t know. His profile says so

wow 40 x 2,000 = 80,000 - can put in FD and get quarterly interest. Will get 1,600 per quarter. Use this money to buy the shares of the bank you put the deposit. One one side you get interest on deposits, on the other side you get profits of the bank as you become the shareholder. This will be termed by experts as fully capital guaranteed investment product.

2 Likes

What if the bank turns out to be full of corruption and scam, not only will you lose your fd amount if it’s greater than 5 lakh i think and your share value will also crumble, not likely but still a possibility with small banks.

My mother is saying she will buy one chain from Tanishq. All money will be used there. So I need to buy Titan shares

1 Like

No. It will not.