Discontinuation of pooling for mutual funds and how it affects Coin

I also have raised a ticket as my orders are cancelled and money is not yet refunded. This is the response that I got from Zerodha -

“BSE StARMF is working on reconciling all the failed transactions and refunds to your respective bank account will be processed by August 10th, 2022. We regret the inconvenience caused.”

1 Like

@nithin @Bhuvan My refund is still not rectified after 30 days. This was clear error from your side while mapping my orders with payments and which is why only partial refund was given. This was also accepted over call by Zerodha representative. Instead of rectifying error from your side, why am I being told to wait for BSE and ICCL for resolution when this should be resolved from your side. This is height of unprofessionalism. Ticket ID #20220708862473.

@Bhuvan Your ‘give us a day or two’ is also long over. Is there any value to the words you give here?

Ticket ID: 20220808542269

No refund yet for an amount of Rs. 1,10,000 transferred from my account on 25th July.

Have stopped using Coin for now.

I don’t understand why there is no outrage on this issue in the media. Whoever accountable for this mess must be brought into light.

1 Like
1 Like

@Bhuvan @nithin still no update on refunds? At least speak something and give another false ETA to pacify investors or at least tell that you are working day and night to get back our refund.

Payment status is now showing as “rejected” for last 3-4 days with remark “PAYMENT NOT INITIATED FROM CLIENT END”, what does this remark mean? When can I expect refund when the payment is rejected?

Hey Pranav, really sorry. ICCL has told told us the refunds should happen in the next couple of days. I’ll keep the thread updated.

And what can we expect from future SIP installments? Shall we continue to use coin for August 2022 SIP? It is scheduled for 28th.

People, I am one among you, an investor of Coin, so I share your feelings.

But if it the entire system is getting replaced, there is no point in making any more comments on Zerodha, because it will take a lot of time, as we know, even a computer takes a couple of minutes to get restarted. It is frustrating to us all, I know.

I don’t have any other way of investing in MFs, so I need Coin, so I will wait. But what about you all, I am sure you can invest by visiting the AMC websites, if you don’t want to stop investing until the issue gets resolved, move back the units to demat form later. I don’t have this option, it is the other way around for me. I cannot invest from AMC sites, so I need Coin.

And I wish Zerodha had intimated us postponing or reducing the investments in Coin anticipating these problems.

Don’t get angry on me for saying this, my point is that you have other options.

May be BSE Star is doing home delivery of this stuck monies so that it do not stuck again somewhere and hence taking time :smiley:

2 Likes

Just curious. Why can’t you invest directly from AMC?

My primary bank account has a problem, so I changed to my secondary account in Zerodha online, but couldn’t do the same with my AMCs, so I started investing in MFs through Coin in demat form.

1 Like

Hi @Bhuvan , Planning to start SIP after mandates are automated, any update on when automation can be expected?

@Bhuvan

On 26th July I paid bulk payment of 40k for the 4 coin SIPs and individual payment of 10K for an AMC SIP.
I got a mail saying “The bulk payment for your mutual fund order was not successful and the amount will be refunded to your bank account… The refunds for these transactions will be processed by BSE StAR MF shortly.”

The refund money for bulk payment is still not received. I raised a zerodha support ticket and following up. However not much help from Zerodha team to get the refund.

Zerodha Support ticket no: 20220727826954

@Bhuvan @nithin . SIP to only NAVI Fund was executed and all others failed. What does it mean. I am sure NAVI is not in AMC form for me. Can we restart on other Fund Houses as well. I dont want any more funds to be stuck unless we get a confirmation

1 Like

Join the line, we all are waiting for our refunds. It will take time because of changes in the system.

Update: Received the refund in bank account now

Update: received refund today after almost 2 weeks, with no interest compensation

Just want to update everyone. Funds have been refunded.

Quick question: can we start investing again in coin app?? Is everything has been fixed?

Update: Got the refund for all the failed orders which were placed between 25-28th July. @Bhuvan are the issues resolved now and can we start investing again?

I too got refunded, and I will wait for a few more days though, before using Coin again.

1 Like