Discontinuation of pooling for mutual funds and how it affects Coin

The last reply from @Bhuvan was 20days ago, and I don’t think Nitin wants to comment on this thread at all. We might get a reply from them next year it seems. Hope to see their comment on a deadline , when the problem is going to be solved and soon before people leave for other alternative.

2 Likes

We’ve been facing a few issues with the banks. We’re testing a new setup, I’ll update the status here. Please give us a little more time.

1 Like

Placed MF order yest in coin well before cut-off, rec’d allotment email today.

Is it? I too placed order but got allotment mail yesterday itself, with day before yesterday’s NAV.

1 Like

Yours maybe liquid funds

@Chirag1 @GB26 The weird thing is, it is happening only in COIN. I too faced the same issue with COIN. When i placed the same order in different APP (Kuvera) at the same time, it worked

2 Likes

Yes, liquid fund.

The issue is not completely resolved it seems.

1 Like

By when can we expect eMandates for SIPs on Coin? Eagerly waiting for a comeback…

4 Likes

Bad luck again :frowning_face: Made UPI payment for my SIP yesterday and status on coin was “Payment received - order under process”. Today status changed to “PAYMENT NOT INITIATED FROM CLIENT END”.

Last time it took couple of weeks to get the refund. Let see how long and how many follow up emails / calls it takes now.

Last few transactions on Coin went smooth and this one got stuck. @Bhuvan @nithin why can’t a proper status message is shown? How come status payment received changes to payment not initiated?

As per the telephonic conversation, the transaction failed because you made the payment for the AMC SIP order after T+5 days, hence the payment that you made was not mapped and the order was rejected. The amount will be reversed to your bank account from BSE StAR MFs end shortly.

1 Like

Thanks for the call @Neelesh. As discussed it will be better if Coin also does not allow AMC SIP payment after T+5 days or at least have this T+5 days rule mentioned somewhere in Coin (I was not aware of this rule). This is going to save your team’s and investor’s time in such follow-ups when amount is stuck. And hoping that the amount is reversed soon this time. Last time it took couple of weeks to get the refund.

e-mandate is going to solve most of such payment issues.

@Bhuvan , @Nitin yes it’s time to introduce changes in coin for making the mutual fund investments smooth

1. Introduce One time mandate which can be signed with bse star via coin app zerodha.
  2. All SIPs shud be auto paid to amcs via mandate and bse star
  3. Also most important make pause and modify feature available in AMC SIPs

We want real SIP with pause and modify feature and not simulated lumpsump coin sips

The reason is very strong once we set long term sip for 10K in any smallcap fund then we will not have to face any future sip inflow restrictions or limits on new investment like many good funds mirae asset emerging bluechip have imposed

So AMC SIPs with pause and modify along with mandate for auto-pay is need of hour.

Many platforms like kuvera and groww have thos feature via bse star in non demat mode then why zerodha is not able to implement same thing in demat mode?

Regards
Sandeep

5 Likes

I had made payment worth Rs. 495000 on today (04 October 2022) for purchase of units of HDFC Overnight Mutual Fund through COIN Web using netbanking option. Payment was debited from my Bank Account however while reverting to razorpay, it showed as "payment processing failed due to error at bank or wallet gateway". Amount is big that’s why I am worried. How the money will be refunded to my account. I have raised ticket ( #20221004674025) with Zerodha. Please help @neelesh @bhuvan @ShubhS9 @Meher_Smaran

1 Like

Having this checked.

Still waiting for it, when it will be resolved? @Bhuvan

2 Likes

When will this process get smoothen???

@Neelesh when can I expect amount reversal? I thought this time it would be quick. @Bhuvan

1 Like

We are checking with the ICCL team and should be released from there end shortly.

Can someone update this support article on Automating Coin SIP via e-mandate and add an update that it is no longer valid? My friend has just started investing and was confused on why mutual fund order wasn’t placed despite setting up mandate.

2 Likes