Dividend stocks king: Vedanta to turn ex-dividend for 5th interim dividend of 2050% on 6 April

Dividend stocks king: Vedanta to turn ex-dividend for 5th interim dividend of 2050% on 6 April

If i buy Vedanta 2000 shares in cash at 286 on 6th april, will I get dividend

1 Like

To be eligible for dividends or any Corporate Action benefits, you should buy shares before the ex-date. If you buy on ex-date, you won’t get any Corporate Action benefits.

Please do not buy this stock just because of dividend yield. I did the same mistake. Please do your own research on the integrity of the promoter. The dividend are so high not because the owners wants to give away to shareholders. He is selling everything in the company so that he can settle his own dues through dividends. The promoters holding company is sunk in debt .

He tried his level best to dump the zinc companies to Hindustan zinc for an asking price of 2.98 billion. Why? Hindustan zinc is also owned (majority) by him and there was cash sitting on that company. So he thought why not sell it to his own company, get cash and give out dividend so that his holding company - Vedanta Resources can settle the dues. But Govt threw a spanner in his scheme. Govt owns approx 30% in Hindustan Zinc and they stopped the transaction. Even a rat knew why he was trying to sell the zinc companies to HZ. Not because of his good intention of growing HZ, but to take out the cash in HZ.

Karma hits back - the basic structure of his business is so convuluted that Vedanta owns majority in HZ. So whatever dividends HZ gives first comes to Vedanta and then he can take it. Fundamentally vedanta is a good company, so when the market price fell to 80 during the corona time, he thought of delisting Vedanta. He could then swallow the entire cash of Vedanta and then whatever dividends given by HZ will be his in full. He did not want his minority shareholders to be part of his success. However, LIC offered to sell at 320 and delisting failed.

When media calls him a Billionaire, I feel his networth is lower than a road side pav bajji seller as he is full of debt and shit.

Stay away - not a company for retail investors. This is not a dividend stock king it is like a drunk, coming home, selling jewellery, utensils and whatever he can get hands on so that he can drink - not a king but a chapparasi.

Disclaimer: Once bitten twice shy - I am biased negatively against this group as I have burnt heavily during the delisting time. You could take the above with a kilo of salt and do your own research.

4 Likes

I have Vedanta 2000 shares before ex dividend and also 1 future lot sell position, Will still get dividend ?

Yes, you will be eligible for recieving dividends.

Karma…karma…Karma…

Disc: I know it is not nice to be happy at bad news, but reading these news makes me elated…hope Karma does not hit back on me…

If I buy the future of next month expiry at CMP for example 280 with have lot size 2000 and at the same time, I buy 2000 shares of VEDL to hedge loss, will there will be margin issues or margin short fall. or loss ?

The billionaire just gave out dividend totalling 7,621 crore on 6th April 2023 (ex date). Remember this is just one such interim dividend, total dividends paid out was 101.5 per share for 2022-23. In just 5 days time after the ex date, they are now planning to do a placement of NCDs on April 13th. Wonder what they will need the money for, if they are borrowing for their business purpose, then this is funny, give out entire cash as dividends and then borrow. No wonder their CFO Ajay Goyal, jumped ship and joined Byju.

It would be interesting to note the quantum of NCDs. Sell everything of the company, give dividends and then borrow.

2 Likes

This dividend along with all the previous ones combined gave me back all the amount i had invested in vedanta. Now i can sleep with two eyes closed. I was scared to see these vedanta owners doing nonsense things like delistiing drama.

1 Like

Additionally, SC has also slapped a cost of Rs. 5 lakh on the Anil Agarwal Foundation.

this never seemto end…

2 Likes

Please read this headline… What will be your first reaction.

Vedanta signs MoUs with 20 Korean display glass manufacturers: Report

Please do check out this report from money control. They have inserted the Vedanta company pic as well.

However, the fact is this has NOTHING TO DO WITH VEDANTA Limited, the listed company in India.

This is a separate company being established.

When it is known that this is a Vedanta - Foxconn or whosover company and nothing to do with Vedanta Limited why is the name not announced correctly. Is this not mis representation from the Media…

Yes it clearly is. They want to pump up the price.

Where are you celebrating tonight? :tada::champagne::confetti_ball:

No celebration - It is karma - pure karma…having a feeling of melancholy

quotes from the above report

What measures has Agarwal taken to get greater access to cash?
The crux of Agarwal’s problem is that each time a dividends are sent upstream, some of the funds go to outside investors. Vedanta Resources has tried to take Vedanta Ltd. private , but the plan was thwarted by minority shareholders.

After India’s government stymied plans to offload about $3 billion of Vedanta’s global zinc assets, Agarwal is studying options including selling a minority stake in Vedanta Ltd …

Why is the company’s ability to repay debt in focus now?
Funding debt payments may become more difficult for the company now because multiple dividends over the past year have drawn down cash reserves at its units. Vedanta Ltd. paid five dividends totaling about 377 billion rupees ($4.6 billion) in the financial year ended March, and Hindustan Zinc Ltd. awarded four dividends during the period.

Anyone interested in investing in this Company, should watch this video. All facts

After doing everything possible, the promoter is now trying to demerge.