Does zerodha sell information of its customers?

Looks bland, thank you.

They have No Leverages, No BO, CO, No trading platform

They do have decent leverage (5X, 10X), and i as i guessed you are a newbie, as newbies tend to worry about leverage while Pro traders Doesnt even use leverages. They do have their own trading platforms. NSE NOW is the king of all the trading platforms.
And Finvasia allows to trade More stocks than zerodha does, zerodha doesnt allow to short sell most of the SmallCap stocks, while Finvasia does allows.
and if you want those fancy ones then Finvasia has “Scalpert” Platform. Check Finvasia.com for more info.

1 Like

They have 274 Users till date now.

2 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing:

:rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing:

2 Likes

I also face the same problem, if you have notice if you have visited any financial site (eg moneycontrol etc) that collect cookies on site then you definitely get this kind of Spamming Message. this is call “Behaviour tracking” . Google, FB or any ad publisher found that your are the person who intrested in this kind of subject. Now you are victim of Marketers they bought data and used as lead generation

Track Who Track you : install “Disconnect” addon in chrome, when you visit particular site you will get
your data sent to multiple site (on and average if you visit single site data pass to more than 8 site actively or mediator)

Solution : use any financial related site in “Cognito Mode” in chrome

i hope this will helpful to you at some extent (if you interested more search for “Behavioral tracking”)

2 Likes

They can track the behavior but companies like FB and Google don’t sell phone numbers they sell ads. If they sold phone numbers based on behavior tracking then everyone would’ve been getting alot of spams.

I had initially ICICI direct account and was visiting all financial websites like moneycontrol also but never get any SMS or marketing calls
 I think they also share info like same channel as cdsl or intermediary
 But when you open account in Zerodha within a week you will start getting these SMS or calls
 There should be some staffs who have access to customer data might be doing this
 without company’s knowledge

3 Likes

yes agreed Google and FB not directly involved in that but there are lots of channel partner are there and if you have register with anyone of them directly or indirectly chances are high that your information is shared

True, zerodha is not worried about privacy of customers data.
When i was open account, after a week promotional call and fraud tips sms started.!!! Before connect zerodha i was not sign up any of site from stock market.

5 Likes

Exactly!

I used to get lot of calls, I forced them to tell how they got my number, they told moneycontrol.com
I feel moneycontrol.com is the culprit in case of most of the people like us.
You can perform a quick test: Get a new SIM, create an account in moneycontrol.com with that number, don’t give that number to anyone and in any website, and then observe for a month, you’ll start getting such calls on that number.
Also, as discussed in another thread, it can be NSE/BSE people as well. If a database operator or somebody there has access to run a database query to get names and mobile numbers of people in descending order of amount of transactions (or whatever they feel is important) then he can also leak the numbers outside NSE and BSE, isn’t it?
As Nithin himself wrote in that thread, you can file a complaint to know who is doing all these.

@ItsArjun I opened a Finvasai a/c. At least now can you answer my question. I feel bad that you are ignoring me.

What’s so great about finvasia?
Añy great feature or platform ?

Zerodha has nothing to do with, I got such spam SMS way back in 2010 as soon as I opened account in IIFL. “Tip providers” get information about active traders accessing some database. You will get SMS regardless of which broker you open your account with

There is definitely something fishy. I started getting these spam SMS on my new number after I updated my number on Q. There is no middlemen involved. Below are senders.

• AMICISEC
  • AMKOTAKS
  • ADSTAXIS
  • AMSTAXIS
  • AMARATHI
  • AMHDFSAC
  • AMSHKHAN
  • AMKATSEC
  • AMMONYMR
  • AMSTKTIP

What I have done to resolve this for now is

• Use TRAIs DND app and reported all the SPAM SMS.
  • Also raised it as a issue with the network provider.
4 Likes

I too think so bcoz I get many emails regarding investment in MFs, investment strategy and Investment firms since I have opened Zerodha account.
Long back I had made the complaint to zerodha, but in reply, they said: “we don’t share information with anyone except concerned authorities”.

I think some one from Zerodha can respond to this issue. I have registered only with Zerodha and I don’t publicly give mobile number to any other site, not even in Moneycontrol site (as someone suggested they are selling the phone numbers).

I tried complaining to my network provider, they are not helping they say I should I have registered somewhere for the service.

Luckily I didn’t follow any of the advice given by these sms tips. but just for curiosity tracked some stocks that they promoted. These were stocks with very little volume before the sms campaign started. After the sms campaign the stocks raised for some day and suddenly they start touching lower circuit trapping all the “Investors”.

Few stocks that were recently promoted are EML (BSE) , FUNNY (BSE), ALPSMOTOR (BSE), SKP (BSE) etc. All these stocks are compulsory delivery stocks and once bought after 2 days it might have touched lower circuit

I am not saying Zerodha is giving information but somewhere in the process, someone has passed the information to third party. May be this issue has to investigated and the fake SMS network has to be busted. They are making lot of money fooling innocent investors.

1 Like

The interview is truly interesting, there were many interesting points. Afterall it’s very interesting to read such smart people about a topic that really interests you.

As far as I know, selling information about your clients is illegal, when it’s not agreed upon during registration or something like that. That’s why I don’t know how something like this is possible.

well to play it safe, lets say their customer personal information database gets hacked and exposes only phone number and name and all of a sudden god given analyst helps you by sending messages to make you a billionaire in a week

1 Like