Does zerodha sell information of its customers?

I have an account in Angel since 2014. I’ve been receiving these messages for quite a while and so have my friends who trade with different brokerage houses. This isn’t Zerodha’s doing or any brokerage house for that matter.

@ItsArjun Why aren’t you responding to my posts?

1 Like

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

I am experiencing something similar. In recent times opened account with Zerodha and started receiving lot of calls from traders / brokers etc - mostly from Madhya Pradesh region.

Seem like someone at Zerodha who is selling / misusing this info. @nithin pls do check if our information is secured enough.

I am on DND and using Trai app to report all these spammers. Pls do so… in most cases their phone nos. are disconnected.

1 Like

We have been fighting this out with help of TRAI and SEBI. This issue is happening across various brokers. The leak could be happening at multiple places - the telecom operators supporting brokers, the exchange database from where end of day SMS is sent, the KYC/CKYC database. No one has been able to pin point where.

For now, make sure to report every such number from where you get this SMS

2 Likes

You guys have an old habit of blaming others. Similarly you blame your network operator when on every single volatile day your order management system gets F’d up.
keep blaming…

I don’t think it has anything to do with Zerodha. My brother who has no clue about stock market and has never registered on Zerodha/Moneycontrol also gets these SMS’es.

Let’s not blame Zerodha for everything that goes wrong.

1 Like

Usually i a m fierce critic, so hear me out on this matter.

I dont think z is to be blamed here.

I have been Z customer for past 5 years.

I have also been receiving sms recently , so it can’t be that z is just started selling info now. Why would they do this.

The leaks happens from the exchanges, since they have all the info. Anyone in the exchange who has access to this data can leak it. I mean there are no security measures for data privacy in india. Data privacy is a joke in indian institutions.

But not to worry , this is a non issue. Just block them or use spam filter on phone. I have done this and now i am NOT getting any sms tips.

you can also report the numbers to TRAI and they will block them.

1 Like

101% correct.
Long way to go Digital India, may be in Year 2100 or Year 2500

The problem is telecom people is having some links with these scams. May be they are getting good revenue when spam sms are being sent. When I complained to IDEA using the toll free number for reporting DND violation, they said they cannot help. Then I reported through SMS, I got a reply that action will be taken soon. After 2 days, I got a message, action could not be taken.

There should be a way to report spam SMS directly with TRAI without going through telecom operator.

Where have you been living?

you could always complain to TRAI from a long time.

Why would you complain to operator, there is direct conflict of interest. LOL

here is TRAI link to complain against spammers and they will take action.

http://www.tccms.gov.in/Queries.aspx?cid=1

did you try selecting the combo boxes in the link you have given? I selected Idea, kerala and kannur district. And it is saying

Complaint Centre Details X
Please Contact Complaint Centre of Idea Cellular Ltd. (Idea), Kannur, Kerala at General Information-12345/9847112345/9847012345,Alternate-9947000198/198(Toll Free)

The above shown is Idea complaint center. They are refusing to accept any complaint filed about sending SMS violating DND status. They are saying you should have given your mobile number to some service.

if you know any link through which we can directly contact trai, please post.

http://www.nccptrai.gov.in/nccpregistry/homepage.misc

First check your status on DND , then use below doc to file complaints.

http://www.nccptrai.gov.in/nccpregistry/How%20to%20Register%20complaint.pdf

if the above process, does not work. Then quit india, there is no hope for this country.

1 Like

I have received calls from following numbers after signing up with Zerodha

Most of them are indore based. Even after registering for DND these guys have called.

I was already registered with CDSL and NSE trough other brokers, but never received calls earlier.

I will surely make a complaint to TRAI about this

Anyone else have received calls?

1 Like

iam sure its not Zerodha , i have 2 diffrent numbers with 2 different brokers and i get calls on both number, its not the broker sell the information rather its something with CDSL SEBI or somewhere the brokers sent the information

I have two numbers, both registered with CDSL and NSE. Me and my wife. But only my number is with zerodha when the trading calls started. How do you explain this

Exactly ! Post registering with Zerodha suddenly started getting calls from many market research, trading companies etc all based around Indore.

Something is indeed phisy here and there is link between Zerodha & these pesky calls

Yes and even after complaining to trai and yourself being in DND list has no effect. It is very frustrating for users

1 Like

Dear Nithin, Pls don’t pull ur hands away by saying that u r fighting for this with TRAI and SEBI.

The cleaning has to be done from inside first. Surely someone working at Zerodha is the dirty fish.

Can you explain- why others and myself are receiving the calls only after opening an account with Zerodha.

Its very frustrating. I think this totally went wrong. Thinking of ending investment relationship with Zerodha never to come again.

We know u have good intentions, but pls check whats happening behind ur back in the office.

3 Likes