Dynamic Contract

When I backtest my strategy with dynamic contracts, it works fine. Every trading cycle is on ATM price. But when I take it live, after the first cycle the name get replaced from “Dynamic Contract” to the last traded price.
For example, if the first trade is done on BANK NIFTY 37700 PE , the next cycle shows BANK NIFTY 37700 PE instead of Dynamic Contract.
I’ve set the Dynamic Contract cycle to be candle level, not day level.

So, will it trade of ATM option or the previous trade option?

Hi @AnupKumarPanwar ,

It will check for the ATM when your condition is met and then if all conditions are met, send an alert. ATM is checked on a candle-by-candle basis.
As regards to the display showing the last cycle strike, will check and get back to you on this.

When a strategy completes its first cycle and moves to waiting for the second cycle, it displays the strike as per the previous cycle at first but as soon as the condition becomes valid the strike displayed is updated to the latest applicable strike and accordingly the notification is sent.

Note that it does not affect your strike selection or trades.

Here the issue is only that when the next cycle starts, it displays the previous cycle strike in the Waiting section and the display does not default to Dynamic contract. But this is until the condition is met for the second cycle and strike gets updated. This display issue will get resolved with future updates.

I am also facing same problem. It is not only showing, it is executing previous ATM price instead of current ATM price

Hi @Joydip_Dutta,

Our platform is tested every day at regular intervals and this issue does not exist. However, if you have facing this, please send the strategy orderlog CSV so that I can analyze and check.