Dynamic Scanner+ Screener implementation in Streak

In Streak, I am trying to build a scanner that can autodetect scripts and place orders for the scripts that qualify with a defined Buy and sell condition. But upon exploring the Streak platform, I see that the two platforms (Scanner and Strategies) are not well integrated. One can run a scanner, and then choose the resulting stocks manually and write a strategy for the resulting scripts(selected manually from the scanner).

But there is no way to write criteria for stock selection and then a condition for entry and exit in the resulting stocks. Running a backtest on such a strategy would really give a full proof result.

Is there a way the Scanner and Strategy in Streak can be truly integrated?

2 Likes

@Streak can you.

Hi @Saukrit,

The two tools has been serves two different problems . You can scan for stocks and create a basket to import into a strategy and deploy on the same. Or as a workaround, include the condition of stock selection in the strategy itself and deploy it.
The only difference of running the query as a part of the strategy is the number of stocks you can include in a strategy. But it can also be addressed by adding a copy of the strategy to run them on more stocks.

@Saukrit @Krishnendu After using the platform for a while now, I have similar feedback…Given the limitations on number of deployments even in an ultimate plan, it is not possible to have a live strategy in place for all stocks…

Even if we consider only NIFTY 100 stocks, in any given day, possibly 1-5 stocks might hit the entry condition for the day but they take entire available 100 live deployment slots out of which 90-95% or possibly more, will not get triggered at all…It would be good if the scanner can be integrated to strategy somehow so that deployment can occur only for the stocks which result from the scanner…

What would help is if scanner result can somehow be linked to a strategy (or better a live strategy) which can be automatically deployed without user intervention…The whole purpose is to automate the process of stock selection and taking trade

Can you please elaborate as to what you mean by this.

Also, the scanner results, do they not clear themselves once the stock moves out of entry criteria? Though we get a notification abt live scanner, we need to search the exact stock which met the entry criteria in the sometimes “big” list…if not clear the old results, atleast some sort of sorting of latest results on top would help instead of just a green dot next to the unsorted results of the stock.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Magnum007 for explaining the exact issue in finer details. This is the exact question that made me explore options for Python-based algorithmic trading directly using Kite APIs due to all these limitations in all these premium platforms including Streak. In fact, even the implemented strategies in Streak need manual approval for each entry and exit signal (though some people get rid of that using Trade Rocket chrome extension ). This is another thing not explicitly called out anywhere on the portal or in their webinars.

@Krishnendu : Streak is a good platform but these limitations severely deter what can be achieved from an algorithmic trading platform. My request to the Streak team would be to work on improving these crippling boundations in the platform instead of explaining how the bug is a feature. The product won’t really be of great use to most of the people without getting rid of these limitations.

2 Likes

@Krishnendu It would good to to have list of limitations in place along with sorted list of features (based on priority and availability) which is on roadmap to address those limitations, so that users can take an informed decision before subscribing…

Would like to reiterate that the feedback is only to make the platform much better and we do appreciate what the @Streak team has provided so far in short period of time including the latest improvements such as expired contracts backtesting which many people were looking for.

My list of things which I would like to see are as follows…It would be good to see a similar generic list where users can vote and it would possibly give an idea to the team as to where to focus on based on the demand and ofcourse the effort required. For example the auto trading limitation should also be listed which the streak team has repeatedly clarified that its just a piece of cake if not for SEBI regulation.

• LTP based signalling
  • Integration between screener and strategy so that live scanner results are automatically deployed without user intervention required currently.
  • Support for cover orders
  • Ability to run a backtest for specific date
  • Some kind of logging of indicator values used which can be analyzed to see why an entry or exit criteria was not met at a particular time while as a user, I expected it to (apart from the chart which is apparently upcoming feature in next version)
1 Like

@Saukrit Which platform do you use currently which ticks most boxes of your requirements.
I tried a bit of tradetron as well but somehow felt more comfortable with Streak though tradetron seems to provide a lot more flexibility but I personally found it more complex to implement a simple strategy. I might give it another shot. I have not attempted any python based platform so far.

1 Like

@Magnum007 Appreciate the feedback. Shall look into these.

@Saukrit
Which bug are you referring to?

1 Like

I was referring to the disconnect between Scanner and strategies (already included in the pointers shared by @Magnum007 )

Only allows to add 20 stocks.

1 Like

Exactly and I liked the interface. I had to cancel my subscription because of this limitations. I would surely come back once they are able to fix this sort of issue.

Then it’s a feature that you would want to see in the platform.

If there is a feature that is missing, you can request by mentioning it here or write to the support team. That does not make it a bug. And this has not been explained as a feature. This has been explained as it is- Scanner and strategies have been created to solve different problems. A Bug is when something is not working properly as intended. And both the tools are currently working as intended.

2 Likes

How we can put stock selection condition in streak strategy as mentioned in above comments.

Which condition?

@Krishnendu For example :- I have strategy which is based on OHL . In order to run this first i have run scanner and then extract stock from scanner and create strategy on it.
I want that my strategy itself first pick stock and then run this. hope you understand my query.

@Saurabh3
You can create a basket of 50 stocks and check the OHL condition from the strategy itself rather than checking it from a scanner. This is a workaround. But, automatically importing a stock list from the scanner results is currently not possible.

Is this feature on the roadmap for streak or even a halfway there like dynamic baskets? and if yes, then what is the timeline for the feature release?

Streak is a very useful platform, but I agree with the other users that the inability to dynamically change the stocks within a strategy is extremely limiting