Entry Signal on LTP in live strategy

Hi,

I am trying to use previous candle’s (low/high) (15 min) based entry in my life strategy

But the entry happens only after current candle closes

Is there a way to get the entry Signal right at the break of previous candle’s (low/high)…
A ticker based or a smaller time frame signal possible in streak?

Hi @Rahul_Jain2,

Please note that Streak uses OHLC data to calculate the indicator values and this data is only available after the closing of the candle. Hence, currently, entry and exit triggers will be triggered only after the closing of the candle and not on an LTP basis.

However, as a workaround, to minimize the difference between the close price and the high/low price of the previous candle you can make use of the Multi Timeframe function. You can set the base timeframe as 1 minute and in the multi-timeframe function, you can use the 15-minute timeframe. For example, refer to the below image.

Refer to the following link to learn more about the Multi Timeframe function in Streak - Create advanced - Streak Help

You can also refer to the below link to understand more about why signals are sent only on a closing basis.

Hope this helps.

My strategy is based on 15 min candle, so I need to keep 15 min as base time frame and under multi timeframe function I am unable to any candle below that

Keep the base timeframe as 1 minute and 15 minutes inside MTF. All your conditions added inside the MTF bracket, will be checked on the 15-minute timeframe and not on 1 minute. Hence in our previous screenshot shared, you will get a trigger when the Current 1 min close crosses above the Previous 15 Min High price

Please note that the base timeframe should always be lower than or equal to your timeframe in conditions (MTF 15 minutes in your case) and the timeframe used in MTF should be a multiple of the base timeframe.

Refer to the following link to understand this better - https://blog.streak.tech/timeframe-compatibility-and-setting-a-base-timeframe/

Thanks, understood.

Only concern now remains now is to check whether the signal giving 15 min candle stays the same even if few of the 1 min candles pass by without giving entry Signal