Everything You Need to Know About Burger King India IPO

Burger King India is the national master franchisee of Burger King in India, Burger King India has exclusive rights to develop, establish, operate, and franchise Burger King branded restaurants in India. Burger King India started its operations in 2014, since then they have expanded pan-India with 261 restaurants and eight sub-franchisees across 17 states and union territories, and 57 cities across the country, making them one of the fastest-growing QSR (quick-service restaurants) chains in India.

The globally recognized Burger King brand was founded in 1954 in the United States and is owned by Burger King Corporation, a subsidiary of Restaurant Brands International Inc., which holds a portfolio of fast-food brands that are recognized around the world that include brands such as the Burger King, Popeyes, and Tim Hortons. The Burger King brand is the second-largest fast-food burger brand globally as measured by the total number of restaurants, with a global network of 18,675 restaurants in more than 100 countries and U.S. territories as of September 30, 2020.

Burger King is one of the five international Quick Serving Restaurants in India with 261 outlets across 57 cities.

The organized QSR sub-segment in India was estimated at â‚ą348 billion in Fiscal 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 19% to â‚ą825 billion by Fiscal 2025.

The historical growth of chain QSR segment has primarily been driven by international brands such as Domino’s Pizza, McDonald’s, Burger King, KFC and Subway, which combined account for approximately 44% of the total chain outlets in India as of Fiscal 2020.

Financials (â‚ą in million) September 2020 September 2019 March 2020 March 2019 March 2018
Total Assets 11,771.18 10,252.18 11,977.07 9,204.72 7,303.55
Total Revenue 1,516.54 4,253.68 8,468.29 6,441.30 3,887.37
Restated Profit/(Loss) (1.189.46) (174.25) (765.70) (382.79) (822.32)
Earnings Per Share (4.14) (0.66) (2.87) (1.44) (3.10)

The public offer comprises fresh issuance of equity shares worth Rs. 540 crores and an Offer for Sale of 6 crore equity shares from promoters. You can read the IPO Prospectus filed by the company for more information.

Indicative Timetable

Event Date
Issue Period 2nd Dec 2020 - 4th Dec 2020
Price Range 59 - 60
Minimum Bid Quantity 250 and in multiples thereof
Finalisation of Allotment 9th Dec 2020
Initiation of Refunds 10th Dec 2020
Credit of Shares 11th Dec 2020
Listing 14th Dec 2020
Mandate end date 23rd Dec 2020

How do I apply for the Burger King IPO?

You can apply for the Burger King IPO using any supported UPI app by following two steps:

• Enter your bid on Console
  • Accept UPI mandate on your phone

On acceptance of the mandate, the bid amount will get blocked in your bank account. Click here to learn more.

1 Like

Z
Is Burger King IPO good for investing in long term or is use for only IPO gain in short term or your any other view about this IPO. Please comment.

For detailed information about the company and it’s future prospects, you can refer to the IPO Prospectus filed by the company.

for listing gains this does look good option, i think retail investors will be eager to jump on this as they missed out on gland pharma… news sources are quoting good grey market premium as well so if you get allotment there can be profits from listing gains… for long term you should do more research and take a call.

@ashishsingh you can see retail investors just didn’t wanted to give this a miss after missing on gland pharma :smile::smile:… 15x sub and we still have 2 full days to go.

I have applied for this ipo today through console and used google pay upi id ( @okhdfcbank ), but i haven’t received the mandate for blocking the bid amount… Am I the only one facing this problem?

This can happen due to issues at bank or UPI app end. If you haven’t received the UPI mandate you can write to NPCI at [email protected] with your application number.

Alternatively, you can also cancel your application and make a new application.

hello, i m new to stock trading. want to know if burger king ipo is good to invest or not.
please help in decision.

thx

Hi Nikki, it is always best to do your own research and analysis and make an informed decision, rather than relying on others views.

To know more about Burger King, you can refer to the IPO Prospectus, you will get all the information you need about the company and industry.

I’d also like to suggest you to go through Varsity to learn about all things related to Stock Markets, this will surely help you a lot.

Thank you. Self research is always good. But it will need time to build knowledge, so asking.
I read article on finshot, but it was not very positive … it talked about same store growth rate and there were still questions about its model.

So want to see some more points (different opinion).

thx

It’s look good for listing gain.

Hi at Zerodha!
On December 2, I had bid for the Burger King IPO and I made the payment yesterday that is on December 3 in the morning(around 4 am) using Google Pay. The transaction was successful but the problem is it’s showing “Processing” and in the Zerodha Console, the status is showing “Request Accepted By Sponsor Bank” and under Amount Blocked section, it’s showing “None”. Also, I haven’t received any message from my DBS bank regarding the blocking of money. I don’t know what to do because I had the same worst experience with the Gland Pharma IPO where I had accepted the mandate but at the end of 4th day from start date, it showed that I had rejected the block request.
What should I do now?

1 Like

Console displays the UPI status last received from the exchange. This status is likely to get updated as the banks reconcile their records with the exchange. The exchange will share their file with the RTA at the end of the issue and the RTA will check if the amounts are blocked using the bank’s file to do the final reconciliation before allotment.

This can be issue with bank’s end, you can confirm by checking your bank statement once to check whether funds have been blocked or not.

1 Like

yep… but one will have to be extremely lucky to get allotment… retail category is massively oversubscribed…

Applied for burgerking ipo and the mandate request is still in progress state at Google pay.
What should I do

If you accepted the mandate and funds have been blocked then the bank, NPCI, and the exchange run a 3-way reconciliation to check for successful applications and fund blocks. If your block status is not updated at the UPI app level or exchange level, the RTA may still consider your application since your funds are successfully blocked with the bank.

1 Like

The amount has not been blocked yet.

Can be issue on side of UPI app or Bank end, maybe you should get in touch with them.

I was trying to applying for BK ipo but after applying, i didn’t get mandate on my gpay.
Didn’t 2 or 3time but did not get it.
When I was applying a saw my upi id was already verified.
I am confuse rn whether my application is successful or not?

This means UPI ID which you have entered is valid UPI ID.

Your application is not successful until you accept the mandate.

1 Like

And today was the last day and I did not get the mandate.