Everything You Need to Know About India Grid Trust Rights Issue

India Grid Trust will issue Right Entitlements (RE’s) to anyone who holds its units as of March 30, 2021 (record date). These RE’s will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the RE’s to apply for the units of India Grid Trust or you can sell them in the market. You can check the announcement from the company here.

Issue Details
Ex-Date March 26, 2021
Record Date March 30, 2021
Ratio 1:5
Issue Price ₹ 110
Issue Period April 6, 2021 to April 16, 2021
RE Trading Period April 6, 2021 to April 8, 2021
Tentative Date of Allotment April 23, 2021
Tentative Date of Listing April 27, 2021

How to apply for India Grid Trust Rights Issue?

Once you either receive the RE’s from the company or purchase it from the market, you can apply for the rights shares using Netbanking ASBA or offline by submitting the Application Form to the Designated Branch of the SCSB (Self Certificate Syndicate Bank). You can check the process in this post.

You can verify your entitlement on the website of the Registrar & Transfer Agent. The R-WAP platform is not available for making application.

You will need to enter your demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying through Netbanking ASBA.

In case you face any difficulties applying for Rights Issue, you can get in touch with the RTA to the issue KFinTech at +91 40 6716 2222 or at [email protected]

2 Likes

As you mentioned, IndiaGrid RE starts trading today.
But I am not able to see it on any stock broker platform

The symbol for India Grid Rights Entitlement is IGRID-RE.

For Indigrid InvIT rights issue, there is no facility to subscribe online on Zerodha platform. The Registrar to the issue-Kfin Technologies, has also not provided any online subscription facility. One way out is to physically visit a bank branch with ASBA facility and apply in paper form. Is there any other way to subscribe to this issue online?

KfinTech has provided the facility to apply for India Grid, rights issue. The link for the same is available above.

Alternatively, you can also apply using Netbanking ASBA service provided by your bank.

You can check the original post to know the application process.

KfinTech has indeed provided the facility to apply for India Grid rights issue. However, it is not ONLINE i.e I have to download the application form, fill it and submit it either to KfinTech office or to the designated Bank. Only those branches of designated bank would accept this application that have been authorized for ASBA operations.
I cannot just use my laptop or mobile to apply for this rights issue sitting at home/office