Everything You Need to Know About IRCTC OFS

Got same email.
First try at OFS… :disappointed:

@siva @ShubhS9, any update on it?
It seems on couple of other brokers i have, the alloment of the shares have already happened.

Looks lk It’s not gonna happen :(… But no proper clarification from Zerodha team is worst…

Not getting an alottement is not the worry here,No one cares to reply .I have tweeted to them ,Raised a ticket but no replies anywhere .Dear Mr.Nithin @nithin ,Why can’t anyone update us on what’s what? Keeping us in the dark for no fault of ours isn’t fair .Hope things change

1 Like

Hey, there was a tech issue where the orders that we submitted didn’t get accepted on the exchange platform. (some capacity constrain in terms of how many orders can be accepted at one time). We had sent an email saying that the order was rejected.

1 Like

Instead of selling ownership they should have worked on asset monetisation instead. They have 1000s of hectares of land lying around anyway.

It’s not easy of course and is a very time consuming and sophisticated process but in the end it would have been worth it.

1 Like

Yeah but the mail told that there was an issue and you guys were taking up the same with the exchange…Now from your text, looks like everything is done for?
Isn’t this like a fault of the exchange/broker? Why aren’t we getting anything else other than the “taking up with exchanges mail”
So We were not able to place orders because some tech failed and hence our chances of allotment are too
Good work,Thanks

Hey

thank you for responding to this issue. As you said this issue is a result of constrain in terms of
number of order acceptance then it seems like exchanges are at fault here, therefore many other clients of other brokerages may have had this issue right?

I had a question, will there be a post-mortem blog post about this issue (like there was for a previous issue)?

Also, as all orders got rejected, will the charges for placing the OFS order be waived off?

When are they going to check the email? You are the India’s largest stock broker and I am wondering how you do not have a contact in exchange to make a phone call and get the issue resolved immediately. Do not the exchanges provide critical support?

If it were the case then some of the orders should have been accepted and the excess have been rejected. Correct?

I appreciate that you have informed us about the failure through email, however, it should have been in some more detail. Even if the mail is not in detail, you could have responded much earlier as soon as people started asking questions.

Usually I receive contract notes and other communication from Zerodha in my Inbox, however, I found this order failure mail in my Spam folder.

1 Like

Is Zerodha not aware of the exchange rules as to how many orders are accepted at a time? Why couldn’t you split the orders and place them again if it failed at first instance? And if this was indeed the fault of the exchange, as you claim, then it should have happened with some other brokers as well, why just zerodha? And what are you doing to protect the interest of your clients? Just shoot a simple mail and forget it and maybe after sometime write a long article justifying your mistakes as you always do when your site crashes regularly. And Zerodha has even charged us ₹20+GST for this faux pas, which has lead to an opportunity loss for thousands of us.

As head of one of Indians largest brokerage house can you assure us that Zerodha won’t repeat such goof ups when major buyback windows open later this month and if you do then how are you going to compensate us for the losses?

2 Likes

Hey vishal, we haven’t charged any order placement fee. Please dm me your client ID and I’ll have it rechecked.

What we’re moving to is an API based solution which will give us 2 distinct benefits - we get rid of file upload related issues and more importantly, we allow our clients to place/edit/cancel orders till 3.30 pm (Today, we restrict order collection till 2.30 pm, since we’ve to collate orders and upload them to the Exchange).

1 Like

We haven’t charged anyone for this.

2 Likes

I dont actually understand ,How we are supposed to take this sir…This is a error whether done knowingly or not by zerodha and has cost us what we wanted to buy for no mistake of ours and here no one doesn’t even seem to care…except saying that you were not charged or you got a mail…We were told that you are taking it up with the exchange? What happened on that? Why dont you guys seem to care that ? @nithin says that we were told our orders were rejected,My mail never mentioned any rejections. It conveyed that orders were not placed and the issue is taken up which means that the problem was rectifiable. What you are going to do next including software upgrades is your concern,Any upgrades being done does not mean the present errors can be forgotten,What is the use of allowing to place orders until 3 30 with the required margins ,When all we get is a mail saying nothing concrete and ppl from the management contradicting their own communcations and speaking things unrelated to the issue

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, Zerodha definitely has very rude and terrible support system that’s why I always have accounts with multiple brokers. Saves time and is more efficient. You should consider that as well.

3 Likes

If order is failed and Zerodha had technical issues, you should have atleast informed us well in advance. We could have placed orders through some other brokers.
What does this even mean ? Order failed message at 8 pm !

2 Likes

Technical issue . its not the answer for everything. we demand the compensation

1 Like

Moreover, funds are blocked unnecessary for few day in trading account without any use :frowning:

1 Like

We did take it up with the Exchanges and the regulator, but unfortunately it wasn’t possible for the orders to be placed.

The orders were placed around 3, despite repeated attempts the orders weren’t accepted. We tried our best within the timelines available to reupload the orders, wasn’t successful.

No funds are/were blocked for placing the order. Funds are blocked only if allotment happens, at the end of the day.

1 Like