Everything You Need to Know About Megasoft Rights Issue

Megasoft will issue Right Entitlements (RE’s) to anyone who holds its shares as of July 13, 2021 (record date). These RE’s will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the RE’s to apply for the rights shares of Megasoft or you can sell them in the market. You can check the announcement from the company here.

Issue Details
Ex-Date July 12, 2021
Record Date July 13, 2021
Ratio 2:3
Issue Price ₹ 10
Issue Period July 22, 2021 to August 5, 2021
RE Trading Period July 22, 2021 to July 30, 2021
Tentative Date of Allotment August 13, 2021
Tentative Date of Listing August 20, 2021

How to apply for Megasoft Rights Issue?

Once you either receive the RE’s from the company or purchase it from the market, you can apply for the rights shares using Netbanking ASBA. You can check the process in this post.

You can also apply for rights shares through the website of the Registrar and Transfer agent. The website might not be fully live until the issue opens for the subscription.

You will need to enter your demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying through Netbanking ASBA.

1 Like

@ShubhS9 Can you update the Record date from June to July.

But what will happen if we don’t apply to the Megasoft rights issue? Because I clearly don’t remember if I have done it or not. And nothing has happened with any of my trading accounts.

If you do not apply for the rights issue, you’ll lose the entire premium paid (if any to purchase the RE). If you don’t want to apply, you can also sell the RE’s you’ve received in the market.

If i want to sell the Megasoft RE shares after 30th July is it possible

Not possible to sell the REs now as the trading window has closed.

You’ll have to apply for the rights shares on or before August 5th, else you’ll lose all the amount paid, if any, for purchasing the REs.