Everything you need to know about Mitsu Chem Plast Limited rights issue

Mitsu Chem Plast Limited. (MITSU) has announced a rights issue of 15,09,075 equity shares aggregating up to Rs. 21.73 crores. The rights issue opens for subscription on February 26, 2024 and closes on March 04, 2024.

Anyone who holds shares of Mitsu Chem Plast Limited. as of February 17, 2024 (record date) will be eligible for receiving Rights Entitlements (REs). These REs will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the REs to apply for the rights shares of the company or you can sell them in the market.

You can check the announcement from the company here.

You will be eligible to receive Rights Entitlements (REs) if you’ve bought the shares on or before February 16, 2024. The ex-date is February 17, 2024.

Rights issue details

Issue Period February 26, 2024 - March 04, 2024
RE Trading Period February 26, 2024 - February 29, 2024
RE Symbol MITSU-RE
Issue Price Rs. 144 per share (Rs. 72 on application)
Ratio 1:8
EX-date February 17, 2024
Record Date February 17, 2024
Tentative Date of Allotment for rights shares March 12, 2024
Tentative Date of Credit of rights shares March 13, 2024
Tentative Date of Listing for rights shares March 15, 2024

This is a partly-paid issue, meaning you only have to make part payments at the time of application.

Amount payable per equity share Face Value Premium Total
On Application 5.00 67.00 72.00

The balance subscription money of ₹72 is to be paid in one call, as may be decided by the Board or the Rights Issue Committee of the Board. The company is yet to publish these specific details.

If you continue holding partly-paid shares of Mitsu Chem Plast Limited when the company makes a call for the balance payment, you will be liable to pay the balance sum. If you have sold the partly-paid shares, the buyer will be liable to pay the sum.

How to apply for Mitsu Chem Plast Limited Rights Issue?

Once you either receive the REs from the company or purchase them from the market, you can apply for the rights shares using the below methods;

You can check the application process here.

You will need to enter your Demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying for the rights issue.

The option to apply for rights shares through the RTAs portal is not available for this rights issue.

What will happen to my purchased holding of RE shares if I do not apply for the rights issue?

Your REs will lapse and you will lose the premium paid to acquire them. The RE will be in the form of temporary demat securities which will lapse if not renounced/exercised once the trading window is closed.

I don’t have the shares but bought REs, am I still eligible to apply for the rights issue?

In case you have bought REs but don’t have shares, you’re still eligible for the rights issue. You may apply for the rights shares either through the RTA’s portal or via net banking ASBA if your bank allows it. If you don’t take any action, and let the REs remain in your Zerodha account, they will lapse after the issue.

You can read more FAQs on Rights Issue and Rights Entitlements here.

Sir, I have applied via net-banking for rights issue. But, the shares not yet credited in the demat account. Any idea on the same? Do I need to buy these RE after applying so that the shares will be in demat account?
Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 10.51.22 AM

The date of credit of shares is tentative, sometimes there can be a delay in credit. These should be credited to your demat account in coming days.

Thanks @ShubhS9 - So, I do not need to buy the REs after applying through online?