Everything you need to know about PVR rights issue

What is the best solution you give. Actually I purchased shares on 23rd in zerodha. When I tried to sell its not taking sell order. Can I sell Tuesday I. E. 28th before rights issue closure date?

One more question, if I apply for rights issue what amount do I need to pay? If I apply for rights issue, is it sure that I get the share? If I did not get the shares in rights issue, can I get the premium I. E. 314.75 and the right issue amount 784 get back into my account? Please clarify.

RE’s are in Trade-To-Trade category, means once you buy them you can sell only after T+2 days, when they are in your Demat account.

You can’t sell them now as trading window for RE’s is closing today.

You will have to pay Rs. 784 per share.

Yes, you will get shares to the extent of RE’s you have.

You will get the shares, just make sure you fill in all the details correctly when applying.

If there is any issue, You won’t get the premium back but you will get 784 back.

Hi
I got 22 RE shares. However I applied for 100 shares instead of 22 shares and Rs.78400 got debuted from my account.
Will I get only 22 PVR shares or 100 shares ?

@mohitmehra can you.

Hi Faheem, you’re entitled to 22 rights shares which you’ll get allotment of. The additional 78 shares may be allotted to you in part or full depending on the applications received in the issue. The amount for shares which are not allotted to you out of the 100 you’ve applied for, will be refunded to you by the RTA.

1 Like

Dear all…

Can anyone guide me regarding PVR right issue. I don’t have pvr shares but I was purchased right issue share now I am not able to sell . Can anyone guide me please

RE’s are marked Trade-To-Trade. Means after buying, you can sell them only after RE’s are credited to your Demat account. If you bought RE’s yesterday they will be credited to your demat on T+2 days (ie. on Monday) and you can sell only on Tuesday.

Trading window for RE is closing today, so you wont be able to sell them now. Only option you have is to apply for rights shares of PVR, else you will lose entire money spent on purchasing RE’s.

You can learn all about PVR Rights Issue here Everything you need to know about PVR rights issue - #18 by mohitmehra

I have bought 20 RE at 317…How much I have to pay ? If I dont sell it today…

When you apply for rights shares you will have to pay Rs. 784 per share.

So what will happen to these 20 shares that I bought at 317? do I need to pay the difference (784 - 317)?
I boought these shares 7 days back…

The 20 shares are like tokens to apply for rights shares, they will expire once issue closes.

No you don’t have to pay the difference you will have to pay Rs. 784 in full when you apply for rights shares. The Rs. 317 is premium you paid to acquire RE’s, this money goes to shareholder who renounced his rights.

Let’s say I apply for 20 share through ASBA. Will I get the 20 shares , since I have bought from open market at 317?

Yes, you will get 20 shares.

what is the criteria for allotment of the additional shares ? lottery system or ratio system ?

1 Like

Thank you very much

Now pvr-re-be is not showing in my portfolio, I applied for rights issue? What did this mean?
Thanks in advance.

Trading in PVR-RE-BE has closed, so you won’t see them in Holdings on Kite anymore, they are still in your Demat and you can view them on Console.

No, you will have to apply for Rights Shares before Issue period ends on 31st July, after that RE’s will vanish from your Demat account as well.

Process on how to apply has been explained above.

If someone buy 10 shares of PVR RE, but the he is eligible only 4 RE shares. Will the money be refunded for the extra 6 shares that was bought? If yes, then when will the refund done?

When the share will be credited to the demat account?

If you buy 10 REs, you’re eligible to apply for 10 shares. The RTA shows entitlement as on the record date in their portal but they will check the REs in your demat account before confirming final allotment. If you apply for less than 10 shares, and any REs remain unutilised, you will have to mark the purchase price as a complete loss for those unutilised units. The RTA/Company will not be refunding the amount paid to purchase the REs.

The tentative credit date is August 12th and the rights shares are likely to list on August 14th.