Everything you need to know about PVR rights issue

PVR Limited will issue Right Entitlements (REs) to anyone who held its shares as on July 10, 2020. These REs will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the REs to apply for the rights shares of PVR or you can sell them directly.

You can check the announcement from the company here.

Issue details
Ratio 7:94
Issue Price ₹ 784
Issue Period July 17, 2020 to July 31, 2020
RE Trading Period July 17, 2020 to July 24, 2020

How to apply for the PVR rights issue?

Once you either receive the REs from the company or purchase it from the market, you will need to apply for the rights shares using Netbanking ASBA. You can check the process in this post . You can verify your entitlement on the website of the Registrar & Transfer Agent . The website will not be live until the issue opens.

You will need to enter your demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying either on the RTA’s website or through your bank.

Hi

If i buy the rights entitlement from the secondary market, do I need to wait for the settlement (T+2 days) to get over before I can book the rights via ASBA?
Also, by when can I apply for ASBA? I mean is there a specific time period to this or can we apply for the ASBA as soon as the issue period starts? (July 17 to July 31, 2020 for PVR as stated above)

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

You need to have RE’s in your Demat account when you apply, so you will have to wait until RE’s are credited to your Demat account before applying.

If you have RE’s you can apply anytime throughout the issue period.

1 Like

i have 10 shares of pvr in my demat but i didnt get the RE as the ratio is 7:94. but i have applied for 10 more shares online now. i dont think u need to have Re shares before applying. same way i had applied for Reliance rights issue. i had directly applied for 10 and got 1 Re share. even though i did not have RE shares before applying. the rights issue is very complex to understand not like ipo or ofs

Hi, i bought 10 PVR RE shares today…What is the next procedure to complete rights issue? or how to proceed? is it something like Reliance PP, first installment 2nd installment etc is there or how is it?

Procedure on applying is already explained above

How to apply for the PVR rights issue?

Once you either receive the REs from the company or purchase it from the market, you will need to apply for the rights shares using Netbanking ASBA. You can check the process in this post . You can verify your entitlement on the website of the Registrar & Transfer Agent . The website will not be live until the issue opens.

You will need to enter your demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying either on the RTA’s website or through your bank.

This isn’t partly paid issue like Reliance, when you apply for PVR rights shares you will have to make payment of Rs. 784 per share.

Hi,
I have been allotted 2 PVR-RE as per my current holdings.

1. Can I purchase more of these RE (say 10) from Zerodha today?
  2. What is the maximum number of Rights share (in bid) we can apply for in ASBA? Is it only restricted to the number of RE we have?
    please reply at the earliest.

Yes, you can purchase additional RE’s from market.

You will be allotted shares to the extent of RE’s you have.

Hi,
What will happen to the Pvr-Re that currently shows in the holdings post allotment?
In case I buy more RE’s from directly from the exchange, will the cost of those shares be 784 (paid via as a) + price of RE(paid on exchange) ?

Thanks in advance

RE’s will be removed from your account.

Yes, cost of buying those shares for you will be 784 + Premium you paid to buy RE.

Hi,
If I purchase, 100 pvr-re shares on 23rd July, and I did not have pvr shares earlier, am I eligible for applying Pvr rights issue?
If I won’t sell pvr-re shares from My demat account, did I receive money after expiry, I. E. 31st July? Please answer me.

Yes, you are still eligible to apply for rights shares.

No you won’t receive your money back.

What is the best solution you give. Actually I purchased shares on 23rd in zerodha. When I tried to sell its not taking sell order. Can I sell Tuesday I. E. 28th before rights issue closure date?

One more question, if I apply for rights issue what amount do I need to pay? If I apply for rights issue, is it sure that I get the share? If I did not get the shares in rights issue, can I get the premium I. E. 314.75 and the right issue amount 784 get back into my account? Please clarify.

RE’s are in Trade-To-Trade category, means once you buy them you can sell only after T+2 days, when they are in your Demat account.

You can’t sell them now as trading window for RE’s is closing today.

You will have to pay Rs. 784 per share.

Yes, you will get shares to the extent of RE’s you have.

You will get the shares, just make sure you fill in all the details correctly when applying.

If there is any issue, You won’t get the premium back but you will get 784 back.

Hi
I got 22 RE shares. However I applied for 100 shares instead of 22 shares and Rs.78400 got debuted from my account.
Will I get only 22 PVR shares or 100 shares ?

@mohitmehra can you.

Hi Faheem, you’re entitled to 22 rights shares which you’ll get allotment of. The additional 78 shares may be allotted to you in part or full depending on the applications received in the issue. The amount for shares which are not allotted to you out of the 100 you’ve applied for, will be refunded to you by the RTA.

1 Like

Dear all…

Can anyone guide me regarding PVR right issue. I don’t have pvr shares but I was purchased right issue share now I am not able to sell . Can anyone guide me please

RE’s are marked Trade-To-Trade. Means after buying, you can sell them only after RE’s are credited to your Demat account. If you bought RE’s yesterday they will be credited to your demat on T+2 days (ie. on Monday) and you can sell only on Tuesday.

Trading window for RE is closing today, so you wont be able to sell them now. Only option you have is to apply for rights shares of PVR, else you will lose entire money spent on purchasing RE’s.

You can learn all about PVR Rights Issue here Everything you need to know about PVR rights issue - #18 by mohitmehra