Everything you need to know about PVR rights issue

I have bought 20 RE at 317…How much I have to pay ? If I dont sell it today…

When you apply for rights shares you will have to pay Rs. 784 per share.

So what will happen to these 20 shares that I bought at 317? do I need to pay the difference (784 - 317)?
I boought these shares 7 days back…

The 20 shares are like tokens to apply for rights shares, they will expire once issue closes.

No you don’t have to pay the difference you will have to pay Rs. 784 in full when you apply for rights shares. The Rs. 317 is premium you paid to acquire RE’s, this money goes to shareholder who renounced his rights.

Let’s say I apply for 20 share through ASBA. Will I get the 20 shares , since I have bought from open market at 317?

Yes, you will get 20 shares.

what is the criteria for allotment of the additional shares ? lottery system or ratio system ?

1 Like

Thank you very much

Now pvr-re-be is not showing in my portfolio, I applied for rights issue? What did this mean?
Thanks in advance.

Trading in PVR-RE-BE has closed, so you won’t see them in Holdings on Kite anymore, they are still in your Demat and you can view them on Console.

No, you will have to apply for Rights Shares before Issue period ends on 31st July, after that RE’s will vanish from your Demat account as well.

Process on how to apply has been explained above.

If someone buy 10 shares of PVR RE, but the he is eligible only 4 RE shares. Will the money be refunded for the extra 6 shares that was bought? If yes, then when will the refund done?

When the share will be credited to the demat account?

If you buy 10 REs, you’re eligible to apply for 10 shares. The RTA shows entitlement as on the record date in their portal but they will check the REs in your demat account before confirming final allotment. If you apply for less than 10 shares, and any REs remain unutilised, you will have to mark the purchase price as a complete loss for those unutilised units. The RTA/Company will not be refunding the amount paid to purchase the REs.

The tentative credit date is August 12th and the rights shares are likely to list on August 14th.

Hi Bhuvanesh,

I had 7 REs for PVR in my account and I sold them on 24th July 2020.

Now in my zerodha account I see Available margin(Cash+ Collateral). What does this mean?

I hope there is no penalty for this. I am under the impression that I can sell my REs and get the premium.

Please note I did not apply for Rights issue, but just sold them.

Thanks for your help!!

Rajat

This is your total available balance.

Nothing to worry about, there are no penalties for selling PE’s for premium.

1 Like

Hi,

Initially i had 20 PVR shares and got one RE for that. Last thursday i had purchased 200 RE’s and they are in my Demat account. When am trying to apply for rights issue in KFIN site am still seeing only 1 RE which i got earlier for my 20 shares. Could anyone guide me how i can apply for 200 RE’s whichever i have taken.

Thanks in

Hi,

Initially i had 20 PVR shares and got one RE for that. Last thursday i had purchased 200 RE’s and they are in my Demat account. When am trying to apply for rights issue in KFIN site am still seeing only 1 RE which i got earlier for my 20 shares. Could anyone guide me how i can apply for 200 RE’s whichever i have taken.

Thanks in Advance

You will see “No. of Shares Applied For” option there, enter total number of RE’s you have (201) in that field.

Thanks Shubh , i have applied now :slight_smile:

I was entitle for 2 Right issue share from PVR and I had purchase “PVR-RE-R” 3 qty from Zerodha Platform @ Rs. 228 on 17th July. In addition, I had Purchase 5 more share @ Rs. 784 from Kfintech platform.
Is all the share will be credited (3+5) in my account or I will get the refund?

Thanks in Advance

You are eligible to receive 5 rights shares, you will first get alloted 5 shares. If they can adjust more you might get, if not, remaining amount will be returned to your bank account.