Everything You Need to Know About RailTel IPO

Railtel Corporation is a information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure provider and is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure providers in India. A (Category-I) Mini Ratna - Central Public Sector Enterprise, Railtel is wholly-owned by the Government of India and under the administrative control of the Ministry of Railways. Incorporated in September, 2000 with the aim of modernizing the existing telecom system for train control, operation and safety and to generate additional revenues by creating nationwide broadband and multimedia networks by laying optical fiber cable by using the right of way along railway tracks.

Retail’s optic fiber network covers over 55,000 route kilometers and covers 5,677 railway stations across towns and cities in India and operates data centers in Gurugram, Haryana and Secunderabad, Telangana. In addition to strategic and critical network infrastructure services, Railtel also undertakes various ICT projects for the Indian Railways, central government and state governments, including various train control system projects for Indian Railways.

Railtel offers a diverse range of services across industries their portfolio of services include: Telecom Network Services, Telecom Infrastructure Services, Managed Data Center and Hosting Services, and Projects (System Integration Services).

Financial Year Ended (in ₹ million) Revenue Profit After Tax Basic EPS Diluted EPS EBITDA
March 2018 10,212.18 1,340.06 4.18 4.18 2,820.49
March 2019 10,382.66 1,353.56 4.22 4.22 3,371.53
March 2020 11,660.05 1,410.66 4.40 4.40 3,224.60

The company aims to raise around Rs. 800 crores through an offer for sale of about 8.66 crore equity shares. For more information, you can read the IPO Prospectus filed by the company.

Indicative Timetable

Event Date
Issue Period 16th February 2021 - 18th February 2021
Price Range 93 - 94
Minimum Bid Quantity 155 and in multiples thereof
Finalisation of Allotment 23rd February 2021
Initiation of Refunds 24th February 2021
Credit of Shares 24th February 2021
Listing 26th February 2021

How do I apply to the RailTel IPO?

You can apply for the RailTel IPO using any supported UPI app by following two steps:

• Enter your bid on Console
  • Accept UPI mandate on your phone

On acceptance of the mandate, the bid amount will get blocked in your bank account. Click here to learn more.

3 Likes

Can we apply from non registered bank account via zerodha portal ?

Yes, you can apply from a bank account that is not linked to your trading account. Just the bank account you’re applying from should be in your name.

How about the scenario of bid going away automatically? Any solution or reason for that? (I created a post but it’s unlisted I think)

1 Like

I also faced this problem. Finally, after 3 tries, it seems to have worked. I got UPI mandate in the last attempt. I hope my order will stay now.

Happened to me too. I applied today afternoon and now I see no bids in my console. Weird. Not sure what to do with it.

The Subscription Status is :
Retail investors: 16.79 times
Employees: 3.36 times
Non-institutional investors: 73.25 times
Qualified Institutional Buyers: 65.14 times

my question is : what is the difference between : Retail investors and Non-institutional investors and Qualified Institutional Buyers ?

Hi,
Any of you got railtel ipo allotment. Iam trying to check in bse it is showing no records found

You can check the allotment status on RTA’s website.

@Bhuvan

I have been allocated the shares of Railtel but can’t see them in my DEMAT. These were supposed to be credited on 24th Feb.

You’ll receive email from CDSL when shares are credited to your Demat account. You’ll be able to see these in your holdings on Kite on the day of listing.