Everything you need to know about Tata Technologies IPO

I have some shares of Tata Motors in my HUF accounts. How to apply for Tata Technologies IPO?

I tried pre-applying under the category : Existing Shareholder but Kite App says that HUF is not eligible in this category. Whereas, the intimation received from the company states that even HUF is eligible.

But still this is the error, I get in Kite

Hi @Ashwin_Gupta, checking this. Will get back to you on this.

Shareholder category is based upon PAN or account? I am holding Tata Motors share in zerodha so for applying under Shareholder category should I apply for IPO from Zerodha account only or is it fine to apply under Shareholder category from ICICI account?

a bit of context here as i hold tata motors shares im eligible to apply under two categories

@Meher_Smaran i believe you mentioned that applying for more lots increases probability of allotment could you share more information on how the allotment occurs
lets say its a oversubscription

Case 1:
Retail Category - 1 Lot
Existing Shareholder Category - 1 Lot

Case 2:
Retail Category - 13 Lots
Existing Shareholder Category - 13 Lot

also share more info on Small HNI Probability

Thanks in advance

1 Like

I am in the process of converting my residency status. In the process my NRI trading account has been closed. ICICI will open RI trading a/c and transfer my shareholding. In the meantime, how i can apply for IPO both retail and as tata motors shareholder.
regards
sundaresan

Hi @Naresh_R

In the NII (2 to 10 lacs) category, the allotment will be done on a draw of lots basis (lottery basis like the retail category). In the NII (above 10 lacs) category, the allotment process will remain pro-rata.

For example, an IPO is subscribed 10 times in both the NII categories and you are applying for an IPO in the NII category:

• For 5 lacs - There is a 10% probability of you getting an allotment of Rs. 2 lacs. [Before the change in regulation, you would have received a firm allotment of shares worth Rs. 50 thousand]
  • For 50 lacs - You will get an allotment of shares worth 5 lacs.
1 Like

Hi @sundaresan_a

Since fresh physical shares are no longer issued for listed companies, One needs to have a demat account to apply for an IPO.

You can contact ICICI for further guidance on this. They should be able to help you out with this.

I believe in case of a oversubscription
Applying for a single lot vs 13 lots for this perticular ipo doesn’t change the odds of me getting a single lot alloted right ?

With assumptions such as it’s oversubscribed so much such that not everyone in that category can get 1 lot

hence it will have to be computerized lottery at that point of time I believe it’s a application based lottery vs lots applied based lottery like I only get one change for my one application and not 13 chances since I applied for 13 lots right ?

I am applying for the SHA category. getting this error.

Can you try applying now, Naman?

Hi @Ashwin_Gupta, you should be able to apply in shareholder category from HUF account today. Please check.

If we apply same no of lots in Shareholder and retail category, does the allotment happen in one category only or both?

Yes, I am able to apply. Thanks for such quick response

Is it possible to get allotment for multiple lots in shareholder quota or will get maximum single lot alotement if I apply 13 lots and it gets subscribed 13 times or lesser?

Is Tata Technologies IPO allotment for sHNI proportional or lottery based?

Please also give similar info regarding Retail investors and TML shareholder.

Is there a limit on the number of lots that I can invest in to be considered under the shareholder category?
Will investing in more than 13 lots place me under the sHNI category?

Yeah Small HNI sub category allotment will be done on lottery basis.

These categories shall also have allotment based on lottery if the issue is oversubscribed.

Yeah there is a limit of 13 lots for shareholder category.

You have to select individual investor category in case you want to invest the extra amount over and above 13 lots that you’ve reserved for shareholder category. Or you can just apply the entire amount in one category ( individual investor)

To apply as shni or bhni is it there any ore requisite I read somewhere that one should have investible asset if wirht 2cr to apply as any hni is this true.ir any1 having around 2lakhs can apply for shni

1 Like

Hi @Meher_Smaran , am applying 13lots under TML Shareholder category, how allotment works if Shareholders quota oversubscribed 30times or even more.

1 Like

Since you can apply in multiple categories, does that mean you will get multiple mandate request on your UPI app ?
I have applied in retail + shareholder category.