Everything you need to know about the Aarti Surfactants Ltd. Rights Issue

Update: Aarti Surfactants Ltd. will be making the first and final call for the balance payment of partly paid shares. The company has fixed January 15, 2024, as the record date to determine the shareholders of partly paid shares to whom the final call notice would be sent. You can check the announcement from the company here .

As a result, the partly-paid shares of Aarti Surfactants Ltd. (AARTIPP) will be suspended from trading on exchanges from January 15, 2024, and you will not be able to see these holdings on Kite.

Event Schedule
Payment ₹ 333 per share
Call Payment Period January 22, 2024 - February 5, 2024
Allotment & Listing Within 2-3 weeks from the last date of payment

How do I make the call payment

You can make call payment via the following modes:

You can check the list of SCSB (Self Certified Syndicate Banks) here.

What will happen if I don’t make the call payment?

If you fail to make the payment, the company may forfeit the partly paid shares you hold. The company may also levy interest on the amount you owe.

Aarti Surfactants Ltd. (AARTISURF) has announced a rights issue of 8.92 lakh equity shares aggregating up to Rs. 49.52 crore. The rights issue opens for subscription on January 25, 2023, and will close on February 03, 2023.

Anyone who holds shares of Aarti Surfactants Ltd. as of January 17, 2023 (record date) will be eligible for receiving Rights Entitlements (REs). You can check the announcement from the company here.

These REs will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the REs to apply for the rights shares of Aarti Surfactants Ltd. or you can sell them in the market.

You will be eligible for Rights Entitlements (REs) if you have bought the shares on or before January 16, 2023. The ex-date is January 17, 2023.

Rights Issue Details

Issue Period January 25, 2023 - February 03, 2023
RE Trading Period January 25, 2023 - January 27, 2023
RE Symbol AARTISURF-RE
Issue Price Rs. 555
Ratio 2:17
Ex-date January 17, 2023
Record Date January 17, 2023

This is a partly-paid issue, meaning you only have to make part payment at the time of application.

On Application On subsequent calls made by the company Total
Amount payable Rs. 222 Rs. 333 Rs. 555

If you continue holding partly-paid shares of the company when it makes a call for the balance payment, you will be liable to pay the balance sum. If you have sold the partly-paid shares, the buyer will be liable to pay the sum.

How to apply for Aarti Surfactants Ltd. Rights Issue?

Once you either receive the REs from the company or purchase them from the market, you can apply for the rights shares using the below methods;

You can check the application process here.

You will need to enter your Demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying for the rights issue.

The option to apply for rights shares through the RTAs portal is not available for this rights issue.

What will happen to my purchased holding of RE shares if I do not apply for the rights issue?

Your REs will lapse and you will lose the premium paid to acquire them. The RE will be in the form of temporary demat securities which will lapse if not renounced/exercised once the trading window is closed.

I don’t have the shares but bought REs, am I still eligible to apply for the rights issue?

In case you have bought REs but don’t have shares, you’re still eligible for the rights issue. You may apply for the rights shares either through the RTA’s portal or via net banking ASBA if your bank allows it. If you don’t take any action, and let the REs remain in your Zerodha account, they will lapse after the issue.

You can read more FAQ’s on Rights Issue and Rights Entitlements here.

1 Like

What is e1 ( traded around 220 ) & P1 (traded around 111) in zerodha trading terminal for above share …
@ShubhS9

at ZERODHA terminal i understand …E1 is Aarti sufactant PARTLY PAID SHARE OF RS 222 PAID …what is P1 which is traded around 111 !
please guide.

AARTIPP-E1 are the partly paid shares. The AARTISURF-P1 are non-convertible preference shares. The P@ series is used by NSE for non-convertible preference shares. You can check more information here.

1 Like

Update: Aarti Surfactants Ltd. will be making the first and final call for the balance payment of partly paid shares. The company has fixed January 15, 2024, as the record date to determine the shareholders of partly paid shares to whom the final call notice would be sent. You can check the announcement from the company here .

As a result, the partly-paid shares of Aarti Surfactants Ltd. (AARTIPP) will be suspended from trading on exchanges from January 15, 2024, and you will not be able to see these holdings on Kite.

Event Schedule
Payment ₹ 333 per share
Call Payment Period January 22, 2024 - February 5, 2024
Allotment & Listing Within 2-3 weeks from the last date of payment

How do I make the call payment

You can make call payment via the following modes:

You can check the list of SCSB (Self Certified Syndicate Banks) here.

What will happen if I don’t make the call payment?

If you fail to make the payment, the company may forfeit the partly paid shares you hold. The company may also levy interest on the amount you owe.