Everything You Need to Know About the DFM Foods Limited Delisting

DFM Foods Limited in its board meeting held on August 25, 2022, had approved the proposal by Advent International for acquiring shares from public shareholders and voluntarily delisting DFM Foods from the stock exchanges.

Following this Advent International made a public offer for acquiring the shares from public shareholders through a reverse book-building process, setting the floor price at Rs. 263.8 per share.

On December 21, 2022, Advent International rejected the price discovered (Rs. 525 per share) in the reverse book-building process since this was higher than what the company expected and made a counter-offer of Rs. 467 per share.

The window to tender the shares of DFM Foods in the counter window will open on December 30, 2022, and close on January 5, 2023.

Counter Offer Details

Offer Opening Date December 30, 2022
Offer Closing Date January 05, 2023
Price Rs. 467 per share
Announcement of success/failure of the counter-offer January 12, 2023
Date of payment January 19, 2023

How do I tender shares in the DFM Foods counter-offer?

You can tender shares in the counter offer of DFM Foods delisting on Console. You can check the process in detail here.

Note: If you participated in the first window and do not withdraw the order, it is deemed to be accepted at the counter-offer price. You can create a ticket here if you wish to withdraw the order.

What happens if I fail to tender my shares in the delisting offer?

If you have missed applying for the delisting, you can tender these shares offline directly to the company, and they will buy them back from you. Here are the details you’d want to know:

Tender Window: You will have a one-year period from the date of unlisting to tender these shares to the company. You can tender these shares anytime during this period.

Price: The tender price will be fixed at the exit price fixed by the company.

How: As a Shareholder, you would have received the “Exit Application form” that needs to be duly filled and submitted to the company registrar. Shareholders are also required to transfer these securities held in their demat account to the designated demat account of the company. The mode of transfer will be “off market” and you will have to get in touch with your DP to initiate such a transfer through DIS. You can read about off-market share transfers here.

After the transfer has been made, a counterfoil/photocopy of their depository participant instruction slip evidencing transfer of dematerialized Equity Shares to the Special Depository Account along with the duly filled “Exit Application form” are to be sent through a registered post to the registrar.

Funds would be credited to the bank account mapped with the demat account from which the transfer has been made.

In case you don’t receive/or lose the application, then you can contact the registrar for a new application form. If you face any other difficulties, you can get in touch with the companies’ RTA. They will guide you through the further process.

3 Likes

Firs time in history a promoter have thrown a counter offer after rejecting the discovered price. RBB received 90 lac 2747 shares but by close of 29.12 , 9 lac 61269 shares have been withdrawn (last day to withdraw 04.01) …promoters need minimum 75 lac 53,631 shares . fresh bidding from 30.12 to 05.01.

If we buy now , will all shared accepted if tendered in full?
Is there any chance that price may also reduce untill 5 jan or delisting may call off?

If all are accepted then Fully without issue than it would be 2% easy gain right?

IF promoters make minimum 90% ( 75 lac 53631 shares)till 05.01 delisting will be success and all your offered shares will be accepted at 467 per share . further share will tradein market for say about 25-30 days before being delisted at a nominal discount to 467. thereafter 1 year exit offer at 467 in an off market deal directly with promoters.

As per figures available on bse&nse website Delsiting appear to have been huge success at 467 per share …TODAY 04.01 was last date for withdrawal wherein 1 more day 05.01 remain for fresh bidding !

Okay thank you for your response.

Through an unprecedented counter offer of 467 promoters have made 96.18% wherein regulatory required was 90% …delisting is huge success.

27 March last trading day …off market non stt paid exit offer at 467 per share from 05 April 2023 to 04 April 2024…

I own 150 DFM shares. I want to sell, but I don’t know how to go about it. I tried to get in touch with the DFM registrar, but they said they didn’t have any notice for online demat investors and that you should wait for a notice. They also said that the company would send a notice to investors who wanted to sell online.

Let me know what i can do.

you will get a detailed offer document around 05 April 2023 which will have DP ID AND CLIENT ID of account where you have to transfer your shares in an OFF MARKET MODE. that all … you will get net 467 within next few days as per schedule.

I want to exit from DFM foods share which i am holding. Since it is delisted how to do it?

https://t.co/eGtF62uN9a
DP Name: Ventura Securities Limited DP ID: IN303116 Client ID: 14656062 Depository: National Securities Depository Limited Account Name: LIIPL DFM FOODS EXIT OFFER ESCROW DEMAT ACCOUNT…offere period 5 .04 .2023 TO 04.04.2024
transfer the shares to above demat account in an off market mode. that’s all .you will get payment in due course.

Hello, I am trying to avail the exit offer with the off-market transfer. However, to do so, we need to add the beneficiary on the CDSL portal and we need the PAN of the buyer to do so. I checked the entire exit offer and nowhere the PAN is mentioned.

Tried contacting the registrar but the emails are bouncing and phone calls are not answered.

Has anyone been able to get the PAN of the buyer? Please do share.

Same problem bro…
If you know pan no. of beneficiary please tell me.
I must be thankful to you.

PAN to be mentioned: AAACD1017B