Everything You Need to Know About the LIC IPO

Logically speaking why would anyone bid for the lower price band of an IPO if the issue is over subscribed?

For LIC IPO as Retail portion is subcribed nearabout 2x.

What can be the chances of allotment of 1 lot at lower price band 902? just to increase Margin of Safety(MOS) based on Market Conditions.

Any guess, I think probablity is somethings around 90%.

Update on 10 May-

I was Correct, Every Retail Will get IPO Allotment in Case of LIC even at lower price band 902 as 10 Lac Applications got rejected due to various reasons. I also didn’t accept mandate due to low GMP.

Update on 12 May- GMP is -30 Rs and NF at 15850, worst markets.But applied for Venus Steel as got Good Response for this IPO.

No chances are very low of it getting at lower price band.

Remember, price band is not only for retail but for entire issue (including QIB and Anchor investors). So Unless subscription numbers are very low, chances of getting shares at lower end are minimal.

1 Like

Ok, Thanks… Revised my bid to cut off !!!

Update on 10 May- Didn’t Accept Mandate due to very low GMP- 5 Rs

Thank you for sharing the valuable information. Will share this with others too.

I got allotted 78 shares @904

Hello,
I got an email stating that shares had been alloted.

==============

Status

Congratulations - Successful allotment

==============
But no money had been deducted from my account and also got SMS from bank that

============
Dear Customer, your account has been unblocked by an amount of INR 13560.00, against the UPI one-time mandate-ICICI Bank.

============

I fail to understand, can someone clarify this.

Sometimes, due to technical issues from your bank’s end, the UPI mandate might fail even if you have received the IPO allotment.

The registrar shares an allotment file with the banks based on which funds are debited from the account. In case the bank is facing technical issues, it will re-attempt the debit. The onus is on the bank to ensure that funds are debited from your bank account and given to the issuer’s bank.

Even if your funds aren’t debited, the shares credited to your demat account will be available for selling on the listing date.

3 Likes

My friend applied for 210 shares under the policy holder quota and was allotted 48 shres. Can anyone explain the maths behind it?

I applied for 10 lots for LIC IPO which is 150 shares, and I have received allotment of only 58 shares why allotment is not in lot size like all other IPO’s

I also have the same question I applied for 300 shares under retail quota but I have only got 116 shares, why the allotment is not in lot size as other IPO’s

Some people are buying LICI at upper circuit price, why?

For policy holders should nt the average buy cost be 889? For me it is showing as 904?How do I correct this?

The buy average for LIC shares allotted through ASBA is updated at Rs.904 per share on Kite. If you have applied through HNI/Policyholder category, please create a ticket here to modify the purchase details accordingly.

3 Likes

Most of those who had applied and did not get IPO allotment would be feeling happy right?

If you had anyway committed to buy LIC, buy it at discount now !

Not sure how to react to this. :pensive:

1 Like

Still unsure?

Yesterday LIC shares hit an all time low of 667. Those who did not get the IPO allotments can buy LIC shares now, its price is becoming unbelievably low at the bear market.

Despite LIC’s downfall during the pandemic and lockdown, and its current bearish state in the market, we cannot deny that LIC IPO is one of the most awaited IPOs in India. LIC is dominating the life insurance schemes market in India, and is literally the oldest, and most trusted company out of all. All we need is a little patience for about a year to see how the LIC grows.

@ShubhS9 i want to know will LIC be added to FNO ? Does it fulfill the criteria ?