Everything you need to know about the M&M Financial rights issue

See, you had 30 RE’s and bought 70 more. And applied for 100 rights shares.

When RTA checks your Demat account during allotment they will find 100 RE’s (30 alloted and 70 bought from market). This way you will be allotted 100 shares.

You need to have RE’s equal to shares you have applied for in your Demat account to stand eligible for that many rights shares.

Check this rights entitled is 20 but buying 40.

Similar way for me it was 30 and I bought 100 @50rs

As I said earlier, you will receive shares equal to RE’s you have in your Demat account. You had 30 RE’s and have bought 70 RE’s from market, when RTA does demat check for number of RE’s while allotment process you will be eligible to receive 100 shares.

Even if you were alloted only 30 RE’s, those bought from market (you bought 70) are also eligible to receive rights shares.

Got it but can’t be sure whether I will get those 70 right ?
That 30 is confirmed as it is entitled.
If I am not getting that 70 will the amount be refunded that is another concern I have.
Not able to reach kfintech.

Make sure you have 100 RE’s in your Demat and you will get 100 shares, you have bought these 70 shares today, these will be credited to your Demat account on Friday.

If you have less than 100 RE’s, and get less than 100 shares alloted to you, your remaining amount will be returned to your bank account.

Thanks for all the replies @ShubhS9. I’m carefully reading every answer.
For beginners, to summarise, rights are additional shares provided by the company as part of fund raising. These additional shares are provided at a lower price to the existing share holders, so the share holders can make profits buying at lower price and by selling them to new investors on trade market at an affordable price.

Hence, the entitled share holder needs to apply for the share from the provided portal or from broker, right?

So after 25th Aug 2020, the additional shares entitled to the existing share holders as per ex-record date, if they are still holding the rights without selling off, the M&M FIN RE shares will be of the same value as of M&M FIN, right?

If the entitled share holder does not apply for rights (shares offered at 50/-) by 7th Aug 2020, then they are lost.

My final question is, I’ve already applied for 10 shares entitled to me. Now can I still purchase additional shares from the portal https://rights.kfintech.com/mahindra/ or from my trading platform?

You are asking me to buy 70 shares @135 rs today so that applied shares will be reflected for me ?

No need to buy additional shares of M&MFIN, you have already bought 70 RE’s from market right? Once they are credited to your Demat account on Friday your quota of 100 RE’s will be complete and you will ge alloted 100 shares. No need to do anything now.

Via Registrar’s website or via Net Banking ASBA, not via broker.

Those who have RE’s will have to apply for rights shares and pay Rs. 50 per share, upon listing on 27th August, the rights shares you have applied for will be of the same value as M&MFIN.

Yes, their RE’s will expire worthless and they will lose all the money paid on purchasing those RE’s.

Multiple applications aren’t allowed, if you purchase more RE’s from market you will have to cancel your first application and make new one.

In my demat I have only 30 shares .
I bought extra 70 in kfintech while applying rights.!

Screenshot_20200729-143405__01|690x343

If you have 30 RE’s in your Demat you will be allotted 30 shares, if RTA can adjust any they will allot you more, if they can’t, your remaining amount will be credited to your Bank account.

Haan this is what I was asking .
Thanks a lot for ur replies.
Any idea when will I get refund for the extra shares which are not alloted .
And any percentage of probability I might get more than 30 ?

You said you had 30 RE’s and bought 70 more, I thought you bought from market. Confusion started there, no problem though :grinning:

Can’t tell exact date, but date of allotment is scheduled for August 21, refund should happen after that.

Can’t really tell, chances are very less though.

Probably, the additional rights applied for (other than those entitled) might be adjusted depending on the

• number of traders selling off their rights,
  • shareholders who did not apply for RE
  • investors renouncing their RE
1 Like

I bought share by credit limit will I am eligible

And if eligible in kfin it shows 0. I have to contact my broker or what?

I made 2 applications and got a message that both the applications were processed successfully. Will one of them be rejected at a later point?

You will have to wait until RE’s are credited to your Demat account to apply. If you bought today RE’s should be credited to your Demat by Friday EOD.

@mohitmehra can you.

I am talking about re of my holding on final date they re not credited