Everything You Need to Know About the Sandur Manganese & Iron Ore Rights Issue

Sandur Manganese & Iron Ore Ltd. (SANDUMA) will issue Right Entitlements (RE’s) to anyone who holds its shares as of July 27, 2022 (record date). These RE’s will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the RE’s to apply for the rights shares of Sandur Manganese & Iron Ore or you can sell them in the market. You can check the announcement from the company here.

You will be eligible to receive Rights Entitlements (REs) if you have bought the shares on or before July 25, 2022. The ex-date is July 26, 2022.

Issue Details
Ex-Date July 26, 2022
Record Date July 27, 2022
RE Symbol SANDUMA-RE
Ratio 2:1
Issue Price ₹ 10
Issue Period August 08, 2022 to August 29, 2022
RE Trading Period August 08, 2022 to August 23, 2022
Tentative Date of Allotment September 7, 2022
Tentative Date of Listing September 13, 2022

How to apply for Sandur Manganese & Iron Ore Rights Issue?

Once you either receive the REs from the company or purchase them from the market, you can apply for the rights shares using Netbanking ASBA or offline by submitting a Application Form to the nearest branch of SCSB (Self Certified Syndicate Bank). You can check the process in this post .

You will need to enter your demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying for the rights issue.

The option to apply for rights shares through the RTAs portal is not available for this rights issue.

If you face any difficulties applying for the rights issue, you can get in touch with the RTA at [email protected] or at 040-23818475/23818476/23868023

What will happen to my purchased holding of RE shares if I do not apply for the rights issue?

Your REs will lapse and you will lose the premium paid to acquire them. The RE will be in the form of temporary demat securities which will lapse if not renounced/exercised once the trading window is closed.

I don’t have the shares but bought REs, am I still eligible to apply for the rights issue?

In case you have bought REs but don’t have shares, you’re still eligible for the rights issue. You may apply for the rights shares either through the RTA’s portal or via net banking ASBA if your bank allows it. If you don’t take any action, and let the REs remain in your Zerodha account, they will lapse after the issue.

You can read more FAQ’s on Rights Issue and Rights Entitlements here.

3 Likes

during 8 to 29 August you must apply for rights shares using ASBA from your bank website or physical asba( paper work and visiting bank main branch in city) . PLEASE note that if you do not know the process seek help and even than not in position to apply KINDLY sell RE during 8 to 23 August at BSE . if you do not act successfully , you will lose big money .

Hi @ShubhS9 When will I be able to see it on the console and apply for the rights.

Hey @Satish_Vijaykumar, the application for rights shares can only be made via Net Banking ASBA or offline by submitting application form to the branch of SCSB.

Have explained the process above:

Thanks I did it via Kotak Bank, … ICICI and HDFC bank not yet active.

I Have received the REs and I want to apply for the same so can you anyone help me with the Online Process for applying for right issue.
My bank supports ASBA.

Hey @Vineet_Gupta, have explained the process above.

CAF number I got in the email is 4 digits but while I am applying using RBL eASBA it is asking for 8 digits. WHat should I do?

I Have received REs for Sandur Manganese. I have DEMAT in ICICI bank and I do not see the option in the list.
Is this same for others. ICICI supports ASBA

CAF number isn’t supposed to be mandatory now since there are no physical rights composite application forms. If the bank hasn’t removed it from their portal, you can enter any dummy number (let’s say your PAN). Please reach out to your bank for making the required changes on their portal (Some banks have already grey-ed out this field).

1 Like

ICICI Bank must not be providing the option to apply for this rights issue. If you have an account with another bank, you can apply through it. Else, you will have to apply offline by submitting an application form to the branch of SCSB. You can check the process above in the main post.

Thanks, I have seen it in FAQ too. Have applied now using 4 digits repeated twice. Will have to see when will I get this completed. The company could have simply issued bonus shares any way the price is 10 rupees. If someone misses it is a huge loss.

I am applying for the first time hence the confusion.

Is there a way to apply for more rights than you’re entitled?

You can apply for any number of rights shares you wish to. However, the allotment will be guaranteed only to the extent of REs you hold in your Demat account. For the remaining, the allotment will be done on a lottery basis, if you don’t receive the allotment the funds will be refunded.

2 Likes

How can I apply for right issue via hdfc netbanking

You can apply from the IPO/Rights Issue section on HDFC Banks Net Banking portal. You can check out the process here: How to apply for IPO using HDFC Bank? - #3 by BharatW

Can someone apply more no .of share other than right entitlement.suppose someone entitled for 28 share .can he apply for 100 re share during right issue of sandur .

You can. Have answered this above:

Hi @ShubhS9 ,
My DEMAT account is linked with ICICI bank and in icici bank, Sandur RE is not showing up. Can I apply the same from SBI bank where linked PAN is same?

Yes, you can apply using your SBI Bank account. The account you use need not be that same account linked to your trading account, it just has to be in your name.